Fast and Furious 9 filming abandoned as stuntman ‘takes 30ft plunge’ in horrific accident

The stuntman on the set of Fast and Furious 9 has reportedly been airlifted to hospital after he fell 30ft to the ground. 

According to The Sun, filming was immediately stopped and the cast and crew were sent home. 

At this moment in time, it is not yet known what condition the unnamed stuntman is in, though he had suffered a serious head injury.

A source reportedly told the publication: “They were filming a very high balcony scene. The stuntman leapt from the balcony attached to a safety wire, but it looks like the cable snapped.

“He was meant to be left dangling below the balcony via the wire and then lowered slowly to the ground, but he plunged to the ground and landed on his head.” 

Filming had been underway in Leavesden, Herts, around noon when the horrific incident occurred.

A spokeswoman for Universal Studios said: “We had an injury on the set of Fast 9 with one of our stuntmen.

“We have halted production for the day to focus on this situation.”

According to The Mirror, East of England Ambulance Service said: “An ambulance, three officer vehicles and Essex and Herts Air Ambulance were called to Leavesden.

“One patient with a serious head injury was transported by air ambulance to the Royal London Hospital.”

This is the second disaster to strike production of the action flick, following a massive blaze on set earlier in the month. 

On July 11, emergency services were called to tackle a fire on the site, with the flames taking 15 hours to die. 

Starring Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez, Fast and Furious 9 was due to be released in 2020. 

Back in 2002, Vin Diesel’s stunt double Harry O’Connor was killed filming a para-sailing scene for the action movie xXx. 

One of the lead actors in the film series, Paul Walker, tragically died in a car accident in 2013 while he was away from filming. 

Source: Read Full Article