11. ‘I called out of a class because I was super depressed. The day I showed back up he was waiting with a bag full of candy. After class we sat and talked.’ – AbuBee
12. ‘My wife is a teacher. It was nice of her to marry me.’ – abeartheband
13. ‘In ninth grade, there was a single teacher who saw me as something other than lazy or stupid, she was my English and Literature teacher.
‘She noticed I would draw comics and monsters in my notebooks during discussions and often asked me after class what book I was reading, would suggest others, and gave me “extra credit” assignments where she challenged me to write a short story based on a prompt or give an analysis on a character in one of the books we read.
‘At the end of the year, I had the highest grade in the class (my only A+ in any class) and she told me the school was letting her go because they didn’t appreciate her teaching methods.
‘She said she was going to try to be an author and told me that I had the creativity and talent to do the same. She was awesome and is what inspired me to pursue a career as a writer.’ – Kringles
14. ‘I had this one teacher that I had for four years straight in elementary, the nice thing they did was not giving up on me in one of the toughest times in my life. I didn’t know how to read by the third grade, but thanks to them they encouraged me to keep trying and I’m proud to say that they’re why I’m who I am today.’ – LettuceMan27
15. ‘Back in fourth grade I made a passing comment to one of my teachers about my difficulty falling asleep. I didn’t perceive it as a huge deal, but she really did.
‘She and a few other teachers worked together to try to find something that would help me fall asleep faster. They settled on giving me an audio recording/CD of the first chapter of a random science book.
‘The CD didn’t help too much except helping me nearly have a textbook memorization of the different biomes, but the simple and very visible act of my teachers all banding together to help me sleep better and subsequently do better in school really encouraged me to actively search for a solution.
‘At the very least I began to see my insomnia as a legitimate problem. It made a big impact on me, seeing teachers that actually truly care.’ – Cubs1081744
16. ‘She bought me a full month’s shopping because she knew my family were struggling. One of the best people I’ve ever met.’ – poptart-therapy
17. ‘In 5th grade, there was a morning where I had absolutely nothing to eat. At this time, we didn’t have any breakfast alternatives or anything. My teacher sat me down and since she didn’t have any bowls, gave me a coffee filter full of Cocoa Puffs. One of the kindest people I’ve encountered.’ – MyUsernameTaken2
18. ‘The school bought a new tree but needed it to be planted. My biology teacher asked me and one other kid (who I didn’t know) to go out during class and dig a hole for the tree to be planted in.
‘So we did and thought it was great that we were digging holes instead of being in class.
‘We began talking and slowly discovered that both our fathers were terminally ill. It was a nice moment to connect with someone else that was dealing with something similar.
‘It took me years before I realised that my biology teacher knew of our situations and had specifically picked us out to dig that hole.’ – swiftap
19. ‘My biology teacher found out that I liked a guy in the class and had a surprise seating chart change the next day… I was sat right across from him.’ – eokjinshusband
MORE: Cat who survived being attacked with a firework overcomes trauma to trust people again
MORE: The responsibility to end period poverty lies with government – not teachers
The daily lifestyle email from Metro.co.uk.
Source: Read Full Article