Bella Hadid talks plastic surgery, mental health and being compared to her sister
Bella Hadid’s long denied rumors she’s “had work done” to achieve her gorgeous, chiseled features. But as the 25-year-old supermodel tells Vogue in its April 2022 cover story, she did get a nose job at age 14 — and she still regrets it. “People think I fully f***** with my face because of one picture of me as a teenager looking puffy,” Bella explained. “I’m pretty sure you don’t look the same now as you did at 13, right? I have never used filler. Let’s just put an end to that.” Looking back, Bellanow knows she felt pressured to look a certain way because of her Palestinian heritage. “I wish I had kept the nose of my ancestors. I think I would have grown into it,” she muses. Bella also delves into how she felt growing up when her appearance was compared to that of her sister, Gigi Hadid. “I was the uglier sister,” Bella tells the magazine. “I was the brunette. I wasn’t as cool as Gigi, not as outgoing. That’s really what people said about me. And unfortunately, when you get told things so many times, you do just believe it.” Despite those feelings and a lifelong battle with mental health issues, Bella pursued modeling and landed at the top of her field. “I always ask myself, how did a girl with incredible insecurities, anxiety, depression, body-image issues, eating issues, who hates to be touched, who has intense social anxiety — what was I doing getting into this business?” she says. “But over the years I became a good actress. I put on a very smiley face, or a very strong face. I always felt like I had something to prove. People can say anything about how I look, about how I talk, about how I act. But in seven years I never missed a job, canceled a job, was late to a job. No one can ever say that I don’t work my a** off.”
RELATED: Reality stars’ plastic surgery, before and after
Justin Bieber ‘can barely sleep’ since Hailey’s blood clot hospitalization
Justin Bieber is reportedly still struggling with anxiety after his wife, Hailey Bieber, was hospitalized with what doctors determined was “a small blood clot” on her brain. “[He] is probably more traumatized than even she is,” a source recently told People. “When it happened, there was a lot of panic. Justin texted everyone he knew and asked everyone to pray for her, and he never left her side. He was saying that he can’t lose her, that whatever it takes, he wanted the best medical treatment available.” Hailey revealed what happened to her over the weekend on her Instagram Story, explaining that she noticed she was suffering “stroke-like symptoms” late last week. “They found I had suffered a very small blood clot to my brain, which caused a small lack of oxygen, but my body had passed it on its own and I recovered completely with a few hours,” she explained, adding that she was “doing well” at home and thanking friends and fans for their support through the scary experience. Justin, meanwhile, is still extremely concerned, according to the People source. “He realizes, and is telling people around him, how much Hailey is his rock, and how she saved him from a dark time … and that he needs to appreciate her every day. He’s going to keep an eye on her and help her however he can. And he has everyone around him praying for her continued good health. It shook him up,” the insider said, adding, “Justin is still very worried. He can barely sleep. He stays up watching her while she rests.” Justin, 28, and Hailey, 25, tied the knot back in 2018.
RELATED: Justin Bieber’s biggest career moments
Halle Berry gushes about boyfriend Van Hunt after Critics Choice date
At the Critics Choice Awards on March 13, Halle Berry accepted the SeeHer Award, given to a woman who pushes “boundaries on changing stereotypes” and contributes to “authentic portrayals of women” in entertainment. Her powerful speech left Lady Gaga and others in the audience visibly emotional. Halle dedicated the honor to “every little girl who feels unseen and unheard,” telling them, “we love you, and we see you and you deserve every good thing in this world.” But the Critics Choice voters weren’t the only ones who made Halle feel extra-special that evening. The next day, the “Bruised” star and director shared a photo from the event that showed her standing beside her boyfriend, singer-songwriter and producer Van Hunt. Clad in similar, black and white tuxes, the two held hands and Van flashed a warm smile in the shot. “When your man lifts you higher than you ever thought you could go! ❤️” Halle gushed in the caption. The sweet post garnered plenty of love from Halle’s Instagram followers and friends, including Selma Blair, who echoed some of Halle’s speech in the comments. “You deserve the best,” Selma wrote. “Love him for this.” Halle, 55, and Van, 52, made their love Instagram-official back in September 2020.
RELATED: How your favorite stars met
Evan Rachel Wood talks Marilyn Manson defamation suit: ‘I am not scared’
Evan Rachel Wood says she has “the truth on [her] side” two weeks after Marilyn Manson filed suit against her, claiming she was “conspiring” to defame him with allegations he physically and sexually abused her during their relationship. In appearances on both “Good Morning America” and “The View” on March 14, the actress said that while she can’t “legally comment on any of” her previous claims the singer groomed her as a teen then abused her “horrifically,” she knows what really happened between them. The pair dated from 2006 until 2010 and were engaged at one point. She’d previously said she was sexually assaulted, but in February 2021, she named Brian Warner — his real name — as her abuser. More women have since come forward with similar claims and Evan discusses her own experience in a new documentary, “Phoenix Rising,” on HBO. Asked if there was any truth to Brian’s allegation that she invented her version of certain incidents in the interest of monetary gain — Evan said on “GMA,” “… I am very confident that I have the truth on my side,” according to Page Six. On “The View,” she said again that Brian “groomed” her beginning when she was very young in order to eventually “manipulate” her. She’s also said he raped her on the set of a 2007 music video, which he has denied. “We would have to sit here for six hours for me to go through everything, honestly,” she said on “The View.”
But ultimately, yes, the acts of violence that he committed against me and a number of other victims — men and women — are absolutely horrific. But the most insidious thing that he did, and that people like him do, is that they completely fracture your sense of self. He made me forget who I was.” Asked about the lawsuit filed against her on “The View,” Evan said: “I can’t obviously speak about any of the specific allegations of the lawsuit, but I am not scared, I am sad.” She added that moves like his legal action are “part of the retaliation that keeps survivors quiet, this is expected.”
Jesse Williams reveals why he left ‘Grey’s Anatomy’
Ahead of his Broadway debut on April 4, Jesse Williams is reflecting on his “Grey’s Anatomy” days — and why it was time for him to leave “Shondaland” when he did in 2021. In a new interview with The New York Times, Jesse explains that after 12 years of playing Jackson Avery on the beloved show, he was started to feel a bit too “safe” and “protected” on the show. “I knew that as I designed my exit, the next thing I did had to be terrifying” he recalled. “I needed to get out of my comfort zone, I needed to go into a very unknown place.” For Jesse, the upcoming revival of “Take Me Out,” a play that tackles issues around sexuality and prejudice couched in the world of sports –feels like just the right kind of unknown. After all, he jokes, “[I was] not even wearing pants in half of those scenes” on “Grey’s.” Though he’s quick with self-deprecating comments in the interview, telling the Times, “I’m not really an actor… I didn’t go to acting school,” at one point, his previous colleagues describe the star as someone who’s “always learning” and open to new ideas. Says Jesse: “The last thing I want is to be the shiny rich TV guy that thinks he can just show up and do something, because that’s just absolutely not how I feel.” So what’s next after Broadway? “I’m here to do things I’ve never done before,” he says. “I have got one life, as far as I know. It’ll be fine.”
Bob Saget’s ‘Full House’ co-stars say they came together ‘as a family’ after his death
In the wake of Bob Saget’s unexpected death on Jan. 9, his former “Full House” co-stars tell People they’re used to dealing with live events as if they were blood relatives. “We pull together as a family during moments like this,” Dave Coulier explained over the weekend at 90s Con. “We’ve pretty much experienced everything that a real family can experience. Getting picked up, getting canceled, marriages, divorces, births, deaths. I mean, it’s pretty much what every family goes through. And we’ve stuck together through all of it.” He added, “It’s incredible to have a group of people in our lives like this, where we know we’re going to get that instant support system. It’s pretty special.” Candace Cameron Bure also chimed in, explaining that as a group, the former cast “genuinely love each other,” and that’s unlikely to change. “We were like magic in a bottle when they put us together,” she said. “You just can’t fake chemistry. We genuinely are family. So, that’s just it.”
’12 Years a Slave’ director Steve McQueen receives royal knighthood
Director Steve McQueen added yet another accolade to his long and prestigious list of achievements on March 15 when Princess Anne gave the “12 Years a Slave” filmmaker his knighthood. In an investiture ceremony held at Windsor Castle, the 52-year-old artist, who may now use the honorific “Sir,” received the title of Knight Bachelor, which essentially means he’s a knight without being a member of one of the so-called organized orders of chivalry. Asked what he and the Princess Royal discussed when they met, Steve told reporters, “We discussed pending projects I’m doing,” including “a film called ‘Blitz,'” according to the Daily Mail. He said the story begins in London in 1940 and his team hopes to begin production this fall. In addition to his historic 2014 Academy Awards best picture win for “12 Years a Slave” — which made him the first Black filmmaker to win the prize — Sir Steve has been honored with the Turner Prize, the highest award given to British visual artists, two BAFTA Awards and a Golden Globe, among others. The “Small Axe” director’s service to the visual arts also earned him a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) honor in 2011. Other celebs who share the Knight Bachelor title include Sir Paul McCartney and Sir Ian McKellan.
Source: Read Full Article