- Katy Perry welcomed her first child, Daisy Dove Bloom, with her fiancé Orlando Bloom on August 26.
- The "Smile" singer recently took to Instagram to document the baby gifts sent to her by friends, including Beyoncé and Lionel Richie.
- Beyoncé sent Perry a bouquet of white flowers with a card that read: "Congratulations on the new addition to your family — Beyoncé."
- Perry also recently gave fans a look at an at-home, red-carpet look to celebrate her MTV VMAs nomination: a nursing bra and postpartum underwear.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Katy Perry gave birth to her first child, Daisy Dove Bloom, with her fiancé Orlando Bloom on August 26.
The singer, who previously shared with fans a tour of Daisy Dove's entirely pink nursery room, recently took to her Instagram stories to share some of the gifts she's received from friends to congratulate her on motherhood.
Perry first shared an oversized bouquet full of white roses, dahlias, and an arrangement of other flowers, which she wrote was a present from Beyoncé.
"Congratulations on the new addition to your family — Beyoncé," read the card attached to the floral arrangement, as pictured in Perry's snap on her Instagram.
Beyoncé and Perry both opted for rather unconventional pregnancy announcements. Perry announced her pregnancy in the music video for her song "Never Worn White," in which she revealed her baby bump, and Beyoncé showed off her baby bump in a live performance in 2011.
In addition to her gift from Beyoncé, Perry also posted on Instagram to thank musician Lionel Richie for a bottle of champagne that appeared to be wrapped in a child-sized white bathrobe with a metallic unicorn horn.
"Thank you uncle @lionelrichie and auntie @lisaparigi," Perry wrote on her Instagram post of the gift, referencing the artist and his girlfriend Lisa Parigi.
Perry has already shown fans the reality of postpartum life with a selfie of her at-home VMAs outfit
The pop singer, whose music video "Harleys in Hawaii" was nominated for best cinematography at the 2020 MTV Video Music Awards, apparently tuned in to the awards show from home on August 30.
She shared a picture on her Instagram story that night with a "VMAs" GIF and a look at her outfit: postpartum underwear by Frida Mom and a nursing bra from breastfeeding brand Medela.
The new mom jokingly credited her hair and makeup to "@exhaustion," nodding to how celebrities typically tag their makeup and hair stylists in pictures of their awards-show outfits.
Throughout her pregnancy, Perry wore a number of eye-catching maternity outfits — from neon dresses and costumes — during performances and at-home appearances as a judge on "American Idol."
Source: Read Full Article