Donald Trump‘s drive by was apparently cleared by physicians, the White House shared in a a new statement about his appearance this afternoon.
The 74-year-old President is currently undergoing treatment and quarantine after testing positive for coronavirus last week at Walter Reed Military Hospital.
This afternoon (October 4), Trump was spotted out in his motorcade with Secret Service agents to see his supporters who had gathered outside the hospital.
White House spokesman Judd Deere said in a statement that his ride was “cleared by the medical team as safe.”
“Appropriate precautions were taken in the execution of this movement to protect the president and all those supporting it, including PPE,” he said via CBS News.
However, there has been much criticism about Trump‘s drive-by, most notably from Dr. James P. Phillips, who is the Chief of Disaster Medicine and Attending at Walter Reed.
“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential “drive-by” just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity,” he wrote.
Dr. Phillips added, “That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play.”
Earlier over the weekend, it was revealed that Trump‘s physicians admitted to not revealing the entire truth about his diagnosis.
Source: Read Full Article