Real Madrid are through to their third successive Champions League final.
The European champions can look forward to the final in Kiev on May 26, thanks to their 4-3 aggregate win over Bayern Munich.
A Karim Benzema double ensured the Spanish giants did enough to see off their German rivals.
And now Cristiano Ronaldo and Co are on the brink of creating more history.
Either Liverpool or Roma await for Zinedine Zidane’s men.
And if these statistics (courtesy of Opta) are anything to go by, it is no surprise why Real are the favourites to win the European Cup for an incredible 13th time…
- Real Madrid have reached their 16th European Cup/Champions League final – more than any other side.
- Zinedine Zidane is the first manager to reach three consecutive Champions League finals since Marcello Lippi between 1996 to 1998.
- Under Zinedine Zidane, Real Madrid have never been knocked out in the Champions League, progressing in all nine of their two-legged Champions League ties as well as winning the two finals they’ve appeared in.
- Karim Benzema’s first half equaliser ended a move of 28 completed passes by Real Madrid – only Lucas Digne’s goal for Barcelona against Olympiakos (29) has featured more in the Champions League this season.
- James Rodríguez is the 7th player in Champions League history to both score for and against Real Madrid (also Beckham, Morata, van Nistelrooy, Morientes, Robben, Zamorano).
Will Real Madrid win this year’s Champions League Final?
0+ VOTES SO FAR
Source: Read Full Article