AceShowbiz –Luke Perry‘s son Jack Perry “Jungle Boy” has pulled out of an upcoming wrestling show in the wake of his father’s sudden death.
The 21-year-old had been due to compete in Bar Wrestling’s March 13 show at the Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles. However, the organisation tweeted that Jack had made the decision to pull out of the event.
“Unfortunately Jungle Boy will no longer be wrestling at our March 13th show. Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time,” they wrote on Twitter.
Perry, who died on Monday following a massive stroke, had been a staunch supporter of his son’s wrestling career. Earlier this year, the “Beverly Hills, 90210” actor watched Jack as he competed in a Pro Wrestling Guerrilla event in Los Angeles, with MMAFighting.com Esther Lin capturing a touching photograph of the screen star observing his son doing his thing in the ring.
Sharing the snap on Twitter, Esther added: “It was so sweet and adorable. And now I’m so incredibly sad.”
Jack, who was signed by professional wrestling promotion All Elite Wrestling back in January, began wrestling professionally in high school, but always maintained he didn’t want to get ahead by using his father’s name.
“My family is a part of who I am, but I’m trying to make my own way. I don’t want to use (my father’s fame) to be successful, I want to have my own success,” he told Sports Illustrated previously.
Jack has yet to comment publicly on his father’s death, but his sister Sophie released a heartbreaking statement on Tuesday night in which she said she’s “not really sure what to say or do”.
“It’s something you aren’t ever given a lesson on how to handle, especially when it’s all happening in the public eye. So bare with me and know that I am grateful for all the love. Just, being grateful quietly,” she added.
Jack and Sophie, 18, are Luke’s children from his marriage to ex-wife Rachel Sharp.
Source: Read Full Article