Get the best celeb exclusives and video house tours to your inbox every evening with our daily newsletter
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could risk losing their royal patronages as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are set to do an explosive tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, reports claim.
Meghan, 39, and Harry, 36, are said to have “made the palace nervous” after it was announced they will be taking part in a 90 minute special on US TV with Oprah, 67.
The primetime special will see Meghan and Harry sit down “for an intimate conversation for an exclusive primetime special to air Sunday, 7 March on the CBS Television Network”.
Meghan, who is pregnant with the couple’s second child, and Harry’s latest move is said to have caused a “great deal of nervousness”.
Meghan Markle’s best maternity looks as she announces happy baby news with Prince Harry
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's possible baby names after pregnancy announcement
Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.
One royal source told Mirror: “One only has to look at the previous instalments of the tell-all interview to know these things never end up with a wholly positive experience for any party.
“Everyone will be watching with intense interest.”
It could mean that Meghan and Prince Harry, who were slammed by Piers Morgan over their “cheesy” pregnancy announcement, have “no way back to their official royal duties”.
The Queen could ask the couple to “relinquish their links” with any organisations passed down through the Royal Family.
Prince Harry could be stripped of his three remaining honorary military titles and, potentially, his patronages with the Rugby Football Union, Rugby Football League and the London Marathon, Daily Mail reports.
Meanwhile, Meghan may be asked to step down as patron of the National Theatre, a role which she was handed in 2019 by The Queen, who had been a patron of the institution for 45 years.
One royal source told the publication that as Meghan and Harry are no longer working royals, any decision taking with regard to “media commitments are matters for them”. They were “under no obligation” to inform the Royal Household of their plans.
Another insider described the interview as “one of the most inevitable and, sadly, predictable consequences” of Megxit.
Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews
Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone
And it’s been claimed the interview came about because there is an “understanding that all remaining formal links with organisations will cease to exist”.
OK! online has contacted representatives for Buckingham Palace and Meghan Markle and Prince Harry for comment.
Meghan and Harry’s 90 minute Oprah interview will see the couple speak on “their hopes and dreams of their expanding family”.
Last year, the couple announced their decision to step down from their roles as senior members of the royal family and move to Los Angeles in the US to pursue a new life with their son Archie, one.
Source: Read Full Article