Ending days of speculation, Meghan Markle confirmed Thursday that her dad will not walk her down the aisle to marry Prince Harry.
“Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health,” Markle said in a statement.
“I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday,” she added.
Thomas Markle, 73, a former lighting director for TV soaps and sitcoms, had been expected to attend the nuptials Saturday at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.
But he gave a series of contradictory statements in recent days about whether he could give his daughter away to Harry after a report by TMZ that he had undergone heart surgery on Wednesday.
He told the site that he was “OK,” but that it would take a “long time to heal.”
“Staying in the hospital a few more days. Not allowed to get excited,” he said.
The dad found himself in a royal pickle amid reports that he secretly collaborated with a British paparazzo to stage lucrative photos of himself preparing for the wedding.
Source: Read Full Article