In the battle to be crowned the Premier League’s pass master, playing for Pep Guardiola’s dominant Manchester City team definitely helps.
No fewer than five City men feature among the 10 players to have registered the most completed passes in the league this season.
In fact, three of the top four play for the title-winning Sky Blues.
Given Guardiola’s obsession with retaining possession, it’s no great surprise – although the name at the top of the list may come as a shock.
But who exactly in the king of keeping the ball and who runs them close?
Here are the top 10 pass masters, according to the Opta stats.
10. Eric Dier (Tottenham)
Completed passes: 2,111
9. Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
Completed passes: 2,225
8. Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham)
Completed passes: 2,257
7. David Silva (Manchester City)
Completed passes: 2,334
6. Nemanja Matic (Manchester United)
Completed passes: 2,402
5. Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
Completed passes: 2,446
4. Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City)
Completed passes: 2,451
3. Fernandinho (Manchester City)
Completed passes: 2,601
Granit Xhaka (Arsenal)
2. Completed passes: 2,820
1. Nicolas Otamendi (Manchester City)
Completed passes: 2,902
*Stats up to date as of Friday, April 27.
Source: Read Full Article