Travis Scott’s Cactus Jack Collaboration With Dior Postponed Indefinitely After Astroworld Tragedy

In a statement released by the luxury fashion brand, the company explains that the ‘SICKO MODE’ rapper’s project has been postponed ahead of its launch to ‘respect’ anyone affected by the tragic event.

AceShowbizTravis Scott (II) has another project getting postponed after the deadly Astroworld Festival. The “SICKO MODE” rapper’s label Cactus Jack collaboration with Dior is now postponed “indefinitely” ahead of its launch that was initially slated for January 2022.

The luxury fashion house told WWD on Tuesday, December 28 that its collection collaboration between men’s artistic director Kim Jones and the 30-year-old hip-hop star’s label has been postponed. In its statement, the company said that they had to make such decision to “respect” anyone affected by the tragic concert.

“Out of respect for everyone affected by the tragic events at Astroworld, Dior has decided to postpone indefinitely the launch of products from the Cactus Jack collaboration originally intended to be included in its summer 2022 collection,” the luxury brand said in the statement. Travis’ team also confirmed to the outlet that same day that the “Goosebumps” spitter and Dior mutually decided to postpone the collection’s January launch.

The indefinite postponement is the latest in a number of postponements for Travis. In November, Nike announced that the Houston rapper’s Air Max 1, a two-sneaker collaboration with the sports brand, was put on hold.

“Out of respect for everyone impacted by the tragic events at the Astroworld Festival, we are postponing the launch of the Air Max 1 x Cactus Jack,” the company stated. The decision came as 9-year-old Ezra Blount became the 10th concertgoer to lose his life as a result of the chaos at Astroworld.

Earlier this month, Travis’ partner on the popular Cacti hard seltzer beverage, Anheuser-Busch, announced that the cans would be discontinued. “Travis was clear in his interview that he is not focused on business right now and his priority is helping his community and fans heal,” the statement read. “Cacti asked AB Inbev to inform their wholesalers there will not be product at this time.”

The interview alluded to in the statement is Travis’ recent sit-down with Charlamagne Tha God, which has drawn criticism over Travis’ perceived lack of responsibility for what happened at his festival. During the conversation, he dismissed satanic ritual conspiracy theory as he called himself a “man of God.” He also claimed he was unaware of the severity of the situation until minutes before the press conference.

When asked why the concert continued after officials declared it’s a mass casualty event, Travis, who asked the court to dismiss the lawsuits against him “with prejudice,” insisted he did stop the event after being told to. “They told me, ‘Right after the guests get on stage, we’re going to end the show.’ And that’s what we did,” he claimed. “Other than that, there was no communication.”

He additionally denied allegations that he ignored fans’ pleas for help, insisting he did not hear anyone yelling for help. “Any time you can hear something like that, you want to stop the show,” he said. “I stopped it a couple times to make sure everything’s OK. You can only help what you can see and whatever you’re told. Whenever somebody tells you to stop, you stop.”

Source: Read Full Article