STAYING at home? Nothing beats the comfort and polish of good loungewear.
You may not have given your loungewear selection much thought previously, but hey, this is 2020: dressing for comfort has never been so acceptable (or essential).
If lockdown has taught us anything, it's that you can never underestimate the feel-good power of a fresh collection of tees, joggers and sweaters to choose from and wear on rotation.
And whether you're working from home or finding ways to keep busy indoors, the best men's loungewear will help you relax while still feeling stylish and put together.
There are a couple of things to look out for when shopping loungewear: soft and breathable materials are key, along with casual silhouettes and elastic waistbands to up the comfort levels. Also consider having separate options for work hours and your own time, which will help create a distinction between work and play.
Check out out pick of the best brands for loungewear below: from budget-friendly staples to statement designer finds.
This article and featured products have been independently chosen by Sun journalists. It contains links which are ads, and if you click a link and buy a product we will earn revenue.
1. Best branded men's loungewear: Calvin Klein
- (AD) Calvin Klein Jogger Trouser in blue, from £40.90 from Amazon – buy here
- (AD) Calvin Klein Jeans Iconic Monogram Crewneck Sweatshirt in blue, from £53.03 from Amazon – buy here
- (AD) Calvin Klein Jeans Chest Ck Print Crew Neck Sweater in bright white, from £51.42 from Amazon – buy here
- (AD) Calvin Klein Jogger Pyjama Bottoms, from £38.23 from Amazon – buy here
- (AD) Calvin Klein Socks in black, from £10.99 from Amazon – buy here
Want to add a bit of luxe to standard loungewear separates? Calvin Klein and its unmistakable logo is a staple choice for relaxing in comfort—and looks super stylish too.
Marl-effect joggers in blue are perfect for putting your feet up or heading out for some exercise, while the grey jogger/pyjama bottoms are the ultimate in sleepwear that doubles up as loungewear.
Add a logo sweatshirt and you're onto a winning look.
2. Best for colourful basics: Fruit of the Loom
- Fruit of the Loom Pull-over Hooded Sweat in red, from £11.48 from Amazon – buy here
- Fruit of the Loom Premium 70/30 Elasticated Jogging Bottoms in black, from £9.10 from Amazon – buy here
- Fruit of the Loom Heavy T-Shirt Pack of 5, £10.28 from Amazon – buy here
- Fruit of the Loom Classic Sweater in bottle green, from £9.50 from Amazon – buy here
Fruit of the Loom should know a thing or two about loungewear: it has over 160 years of producing underwear and casualwear after all.
We love the brand for its jersey separates, which are staples in every casual wardrobe. As well as classic colours, you'll find solid primary colours, perfect for injecting some life into drab loungewear.
Invest in a multi-pack of colourful tees, and mix and match with a sweater or hoodie and a pair of classic joggers for an instant boost to your at-home wardrobe.
3. Best for sustainable tops: Organic Basics
- Organic Cotton Tee in navy, £35 from Organic Basics – buy here
- Organic Cotton Turtleneck in grey, £35 from Organic Basics – buy here
- Organic Cotton Long-Sleeve Tee, £35 from Organic Basics – buy here
With a focus on fabrics that care for our environment, Organic Basics is a great choice if you're looking to shop loungewear with sustainability in mind.
While it doesn't offer any joggers for men yet (although you'll find running tights and long johns), it's filled with quality t-shirts, long sleeve tees and turtle neck tops that you can build your own loungewear look around.
Every piece is ethically made and crafted from GOTS certified organic cotton—guaranteeing that no harmful chemicals were used to grow it and that the workers are paid living wages and treated fairly.
4. Best for splurging: Farfetch
- Palm Angels logo-embroidered sweatshirt, £365 from Farfetch – buy here
- Balenciaga logo embossed slippers, £395 from Farfetch – buy here
- Vetements logo-print track pants, £570 from Farfetch – buy here
- Pringle of Scotland cashmere drawstring hoodie, £625 from Farfetch – buy here
Loungewear, but make it designer.
If you've got cash to splash, Farfetch is a go-to for luxury fashion, stocking over 700 boutiques and brands from around the world. Vetements' logo print track-pants will definitely make a statement, blurring the lines between streetwear and loungewear.
Meanwhile, Palm Angels' sweatshirt is the hippest way to pay a nod to the LA skater scene, or if you'd rather something more timeless; Pringle of Scotland's cashmere hoodie is a must.
And of course, don't forget the comfy footwear: how does a black leather logo embossed slipper from Balenciaga sound?
5. Best for elevated loungewear: Mango
- Tapered fit ultra comfort trousers, £59.99 from Mango – buy here
- Plush cotton sweatshirt, £49.99 from Mango – buy here
- Trimmed flecked wool-blend cardigan, £55.99 (was £79.99) from Mango – buy here
- Leather maxi trainers, £34.99 from Mango – buy here
If the idea of jogging bottoms and slouchy sweatshirts is completely alien to you, there's still an endless amount of loungewear out there that will add some comfort to your day while still looking smart and polished.
Mango has got it spot on with their selection: try a pair of tapered fit ultra-comfort trousers and team with cosy separates to create a relaxed outfit that still feels work-appropriate.
Throw on a leather trainer and this is a look that truly redefines smart-casual.
6. Best on a budget: New Look
- Black Pocket Front Zip Up Hoodie, £17.99 from New Look – buy here
- Black Suedette Slip On Trainers, £14.99 from New Look – buy here
- Green Drawstring Waist Cuffed Joggers, £17.99 from New Look – buy here
- Olive Colour Block Jersey Sweatshirt, £22.99 from New Look – buy here
New Look has got you covered if you're looking for stylish loungewear at prices that won't break the bank.
Mix up your standard grey joggers and sweaters with a colour blocking sweatshirt in olive green that will pack a punch with a pair of jeans or trousers for when you want to dress a little smarter.
In the meantime, team it with a pair of coordinating olive joggers and throw on a hoodie and slip-on trainers for maximum comfort.
Enjoyed our guide for the best men’s loungewear? Why not check out the best dressing gowns for men?
We've also rounded up the season's best work jumpers for men here.
And check out our dedicated Sun Selects fashion section for more style tips, trends and products.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article