‘His fingers were suddenly inside of me’: Emily Ratajkowski says she was assaulted by a photographer during a nude shoot in 2012 – four years before he published a book of her naked images without her consent
- The 29-year-old model detailed her shoot with photographer Jonathan Leder in the early days of her career in a piece of The Cut
- Ratajkowski’s shoot took place at Leder’s home in the Catskills, and she recalled posing first in lingerie, and then taking nude images
- At the end of the shoot, she says she and Leder sat on the couch together, and that he forced his fingers inside of her
- Ratajkowski recalls drinking a lot of wine throughout the evening, and says that ‘most of what came next was a blur’
- ‘I don’t remember kissing but I do remember his fingers suddenly being inside of me… It really really hurt,’ she wrote
- Leder later published a book of the images that he had taken during the shoot – which Ratajkowski tried to prevent from being released
- She said the images were being published without her consent, and that ‘the book and the images within them were a violation’
- When contacted by The Cut, Leder denied Ratajkowski’s allegations, saying that they were ‘too tawdry and childish to respond to’
- ‘This is the girl that was naked in Treats! magazine… You really want someone to believe she was a victim?’ he told the publication
Emily Ratajkowski has revealed that she was sexually assaulted by a photographer during a nude shoot at his home in the Catskills in 2012.
In a piece written for The Cut, the now-29-year-old model recalled traveling to Jonathan Leder’s home to pose for an unpaid editorial shoot arranged by her agent at the time – detailing how he photographed her both nude and in lingerie during the evening, before later assaulting her while they were sitting together on his couch.
During the story, Ratajkowski – who was 20 at the time – recalled drinking copious amounts of red wine during the shoot, and notes that she was ‘very, very drunk’ by the end of the shoot.
Speaking out: Emily Ratajkowski has revealed she was assaulted by photographer Jonathan Leder during a nude shoot in 2012, when she was 20 years old
Accused: Ratajkowski, now 29, says that she remembers Leder’s ‘fingers suddenly being inside of her’, recalling how it ‘really, really hurt’
‘I was cold, shivering, and huddled under a blanket,’ she wrote. ‘Jonathan and I were on his couch, and the rough texture of his jeans rubbed against my bare legs.’
Ratajkowski described how Leder began asking her about her ‘boyfriends’, and she says she ‘remembers talking a lot… about her dating history’, while ‘absentmindedly rubbing my feet against one another and against his for warmth’.
‘He told me he liked “that foot thing you’re doing,” and I remember this moment more clearly than anything else,’ she writes.
‘Most of what came next was a blur except for the feeling,’ Ratajkowski continues. ‘I don’t remember kissing, but I do remember his fingers suddenly being inside of me. Harder and harder and pushing and pushing like no one had touched me before or has touched me since.
‘I could feel the shape of myself and my ridges, and it really, really hurt. I brought my hand instinctively to his wrist and pulled his fingers out of me with force. I didn’t say a word. He stood up abruptly and scurried silently into the darkness up the stairs.’
When contacted by The Cut, Leder denied Ratajkowski’s allegations, telling the publication that they were ‘too tawdry and childish to respond to’. He continued: ‘You do know who we are talking about right? This is the girl that was naked in Treats! magazine, and bounced around naked in the Robin Thicke video at that time. You really want someone to believe she was a victim?’
DailyMail.com has contacted a spokesperson for Jonathan Leder for comment.
After Leder went upstairs, Ratajkowski says she went to bed in the room where they had started the shoot, recalling that she was ‘confused as to why Jonathan had left without a word and terrified that he would come back’.
‘Later in the morning, I woke with a vicious hangover,’ she said. ‘I dressed quickly in the clothes I’d been wearing the day before and noticed that my hands were shaking.
‘Downstairs, Jonathan was making coffee, and the makeup artist was already up and dressed and sitting hunched over a mug. Jonathan didn’t react much to my arrival. “You want coffee?” he asked. My temples pounded. “Sure,” I half-heartedly chimed, opening Instagram. Jonathan had put up one of the Polaroids from the night before.’
Although it is the first time that Ratajkowski has made the assault allegations against Leder, she has previously addressed the shoot, speaking out in 2016 when the photographer revealed he was published a book of the nude images he took of the model and actress.
At the time, Ratajkowski revealed that she had not given her consent for the images to be published anywhere other than the magazine they were originally taken for, and she slammed Leder’s book as a ‘violation’ in a series of tweets.
In her article for The Cut – during which she addresses what it means for a model to ‘own their own image’ – Ratajkowski recalls the moment she learned the book was being published, and her desperate attempt to prevent it from being released.
She says that she only learned of Leder’s plans to release the tome when she was contacted by a ‘well-known magazine asking if they could help promote my new book of photographs’.
Source: Read Full Article