Revealed: The surprising kitchen hack that delivers the perfect crunchy chip every time – and it only takes TWO ingredients
- The hunt for the perfect chip recipe can be over as an ideal one has been found
- This creation only requires two ingredients: potato and vegetable oil
- It requires two rounds of frying with time in between to allow them to cool
- Previously another website shared another simple guide to oven roasting chips
There is nothing better than the perfect chip, with the right amount of crunch and a soft filling inside.
But for many, cooking the ideal French fry is not an easy feat, with people often scouring the internet for a faultless recipe.
Now the hunt might be over as this simple recipe only requires two ingredients and promises to deliver the best chips you’ve ever tasted.
According to 9Honey Kitchen the creation only requires potato and vegetable oil.
For many, cooking the ideal fry is not easy, but now the hunt can be over as this simple recipe only requires two ingredients and promises to deliver the best chips you’ve ever tasted
If you’re after a quick recipe, this isn’t it, as this requires a bit more tender love, time and care.
It requires two rounds of frying with time in between to allow them to cool, so we recommend cooking it in two batches.
To start you want to cut the potatoes into two centimetre-thick chips before rinsing under water to remove the starch.
Then you need to bring the potatoes to the boil over a high heat before reducing to a simmer and cooking until tender.
To start you want to cut the potatoes into two centimetre-thick chips before rinsing under water to remove the starch
Once you have drained the chips you need to put them in the fridge for two hours until they’re cold and dry,
When this is done, heat up some vegetable oil in a deep fryer or sauce pan and cook the potato at 130°C for 5 minute batches until it looks dry.
You then want to again place the potato in the fridge for another two hours until they’re cold again.
Previously the experts at food website Greatist.com shared an incredibly simple guide to oven roasting chips
Then reheat the vegetable oil again, this time at 180°C before you add the potato again and cook for 8 minutes until golden and sprinkle with sea salt before serving.
Previously the experts at food website Greatist.com shared an incredibly simple guide to oven roasting chips that emulate the restaurant-quality kind.
The experts say that conjuring up the perfect chip is all about technique and getting your ratios right – and using a very surprising ingredient.
1. Use classic Russet potatoes – the ones with dark brown skin and few eyes.
2. Slice the potatoes to a quarter of an inch thick. If they’re too thin then they’ll burn on the outside before they’re cooked on the inside.
3. Pat them dry to remove excess water and sprinkle each potato with a tablespoon of cornstarch, which they say is the secret ingredient. Apparently it absorbs more moisture, which helps the chips get extra crunchy.
4. Sprinkle each potato with one or two tablespoons of olive oil, ensuring they are evenly coated.
5. Spread them evenly on the baking tray, ensuring that they aren’t too close together or overlapping.
6. The crucial temperature for perfect french fry is 450 Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius).
7. Cook them for around 20-25 minutes and make sure you flip them halfway through.
Source: Read Full Article