MCDONALD's Monopoly game is back and prizes include a hot tub, a trip to Ibiza or free Maccies meals.
Redeeming your freebie depends on what game you won it on and what it is. Here's everything you need to know.
How do I claim food prizes?
How you claim your free food depends on what game and the type of prize that you've won.
Similar to the classic boardgame, customers collect game pieces when they buy qualifying McDonald's products, such as colour co-ordinated road names or train stations.
You'll be able to find them as stickers which will appear on the packaging of your food.
Each piece represents a tile on the board which you can pick up for free in the restaurant or play along online.
When you collect a set, you get a prize, and there are also "instant wins" which allow you to claim your winnings immediately.
Instant win food prizes can be redeemed at any McDonald's branch by handing the token over at the counter when you order.
You can also cash in game pieces on the touch screen kiosks in store or via the app by entering in the 12 digit prize code.
You'll need to hand the game pieces over to a member of staff when you collect your meal.
If you've won free food in the online game then you'll get a unique QR code, along with a 12 digit code that you can scan or enter at the kiosk or via the app.
You can't redeem these prizes over the checkout.
Prize-seekers should ignore the dates on this year's game pieces, as they have been reused from last year's game that did not go ahead.
Pieces which show a "play until" date of May 4, 2021, will actually be valid until October 5, 2021.
The following new expiry dates also apply:
- Collect to win non food prizes: old date June 4, 2021, new date November 11, 2021
- Collect to win food prizes: old date May 18, 2021, new date October 19, 2021
- Instant win non-food prize or discount: old date June 4, 2021, new date November 5, 2021
- Instant win food or Just Eat vouchers: old date May 18, 2021, new date October 19, 2021
- Instant win discount voucher (excluding Just Eat) old date, August 31, 2021 or earlier, new date January 31, 2022
- Online game: old date May, 5, 2021, new date October 15, 2021
You have to be over 16 to take part and you can play the game if you head in store to order – McDonald's has a locator tool you can use to find your closest.
But you won't be left out if you're ordering online via Uber Eats or if you're collecting through the app or drive-thru to take away – you will still receive products with the stickers on when using these services.
The full list of 2021 McDonald's Monopoly prizes
Here's everything that's up for grabs this year – and how many of each prize are available.
- £100k cash – 4
- Ibiza villa or UK getaway holiday – 30
- £1,000 spend on home entertainment at AO.com – 100
- Lay-Z-Spa hot tub -175
- Choose a phone with 1 year plan provided by Sky Mobile – 750
- Missguided or Mennace £500 shopping spree – 700
- An xperience provided by buyagift – 5,800
- JD £100 gift card – 1,500
- McDonald’s medium extra value meal or Big Flavour wrap meal -2,000,000
- £1k Cash – 50
- McDonald’s Gold Card – 1,000
- 50 Inch 4K Hisense Roku TV – 200
- £200for passing go – 1,000
- Wireless headphones provided by Urbanears – 400
- Prezzybox £100 voucher – 750
- £100 One4all gift card – 300
- £50 Gift Card provided by JD Sports – 2,750
- Limited Edition Beauty Box provided by Glossybox.co.uk – 1,000
- HYPE Sunglasses -1,000
- £30 voucher Missguided or Mennace – 5,000
- Inflatable pool float – 1,000
- Hype backpack – 2,000
- Juice portable power bank – 2,500
- Personalised phone case – 30,000
- Limited edition PopSockets PopGrip – 5,000
- Sky Store 0nline voucher £5.99- 125,000
- Food voucher prizes:
- Big Mac or Big Flavour Wrap -2,609,614
- 6 Chicken McNuggets or Double Cheeseburger – 4,175,382
- McFlurry or Fruit Bag -6,263,072
- Small fries or veg bag – 11,485,298
- Medium Coca-Cola Zero Sugar or medium milkshake – 10,960,375
- Quarter Pounder With Cheese or McChicken Sandwich – 4,175,381
- Apple Pie or Fruit Bag -6,263,072
- Regularhot drink – 6,263,072
- 10% Off AO.COM – 1,500,000
- 20% Off Urbanears – 1,000,000
- 30% Off Missguided or Mennace – 2,000,000
- £10 Off buyagift – 2,500,000
- 12 Premium Retro Photo Prints provided by Photobox – 2,000,000
- One Month Comedy Subscription provided by NextUp -1,000,000
- 30% Off Mobile Accessories provided by Juice – 1,000,000
- £5 Off Personalised Phone Case provided by Wrappz -2,000,000
- £5 Off provided by Prezzybox.com- 2,000,000
- £4 Off When You Spend £10 on Food provided by Just Eat – 500,000
- 15% off at popsockets.co.uk – 1,000,000
- 15% off a Beauty Box provided by Glossybox.co.uk -1,000,000
Online Game Cash
- £100 Cash – 1,204
- £50 Cash – 2,408
- £20 Cash – 5,976
- £10 Cash – 26,334
- £5 Cash – 83,665
Online Game Non-cash
- 1-day gym pass and 7 days Online Classes provided by Hussle – 1,000,000
- NextUpOne Month Comedy Subscription 1,000,000
- Great Magazines 3-month digital magazine provided by Bauer Media – 500,000
- £10 CeX voucher – 15,000
- Great Magazines 1 Digital Magazine Edition provided by Bauer Media – 500,000
- 50% off 1-day gym pass provided by Hussle – 1,000,000
Digital Food voucher-prizes provided by McDonald’s
- Big Mac or Big Flavour Wrap – 37,000
- 6 Chicken McNuggets or Double Cheeseburger – 60,000
- McFlurry or Fruit Bag – 90,000
- Small Fries or Veg bag – 165,000
- Medium Coca-Cola Zero Sugar or Medium Milkshake – 157,600
- Quarter Pounder with Cheese or McChicken Sandwich – 60,000
- Apple Pie or Fruit Bag – 90,000
- Any Reg McCafé Hot Drink – 90,000
- Spend £15 for £5 off My McDonald's app order – 500,000
How do I claim the prizes that I can't eat?
There are literally millions of different prizes up for grabs and the way that you claim them is different depending on what it is.
You won't be able to redeem tokens in a McDonald's branch unless it's food.
Each winning token comes with a special website address printed on it, which is were you'll need to go to claim the gift.
If you have won, then you will need to provide some of your personal details including your date of birth, email address, phone number, full name and address.
You will then be asked to select how you would like to receive your winnings, either via email or delivered depending on what the gift is.
Voucher codes can then be redeemed directly from the retailers that issued them.
Do I still need to keep my token even after I've won?
Whatever you do, DO NOT throw away your winning tokens. If you've scooped one of the top prizes, you will have to send the stickers in to be verified or else you'll miss out.
After you've entered in the codes online you'll be given instructions about where to send them.
Once they've been verified, you will then be contacted by the provider.
Is there an age limit to claim a prize?
You must be over 16-years-old to claim a prize and 18 in some cases.
An 11-year-old McDonald's fan found this out in 2019.
Amber Medd and her friend had visited the fast-food chain's Willerby, Yorkshire, branch alone and ordered adult meals – but was too young to claim her free chips that she won in the game.
Younger players who can't claim the prize because they're not old enough can nominate a parent or guardian to collect it on their behalf.
Source: Read Full Article