Foodie shares ‘easy’ three-ingredient slow cooker recipe for a delicious fruit cake using chocolate milk
- A home chef has shared their recipe for a three-ingredient slow cooker fruit cake
- She posted the recipe to her popular Facebook page Slow Cooker recipes & tips
- The foodie uses only self raising flour, chocolate milk and dried fruit in the treat
- She soaks the fruit in choc-milk for 24 hours and said you can also add Baileys
- Fold flour into the fruit mix and bake in the slow cooker for seven or eight hours
An Australian food blogger has shared their simple recipe for a delicious slow cooker fruit cake using only three ingredients.
Posting to her popular Facebook group Slow Cooker recipes & tips, the home chef’s indulgent cake uses only dried fruit, chocolate milk and flour.
While the post calls the baked treat a three ingredient fruit cake, the clever cook said she sometimes adds Baileys to soak the fruit in.
A handy home chef has shared their recipe for a delicious fruit cake that uses only milk, fruit and flour, and is baked in a slow cooker
The first step is to add one kilogram of fruit with two cups of chocolate milk to a bowl and leave to soak for 24 hours.
An optional step is to add a half to three quarter cup of Baileys to the milk and fruit soak mix.
Folds self-raising flour into the fruit mix then turns on the slow cooker to a low heat and line with baking paper.
The slow cooker pro said she uses a long strip of baking paper sticking out on each side like handles underneath the lining to make the cake easier to pull out when it’s cooked.
1kg of mixed fruit
2 cups chocolate milk
1/2-3/4 cup Baileys
2 cups self raising flour
1. Soak the fruits in the chocolate milk and Baileys for 24 hours
2. Fold in flour until combined with the milk an fruit mix
3. Line the slow cooker with baking paper and turn on to low heat
4. Pour in the cake batter and even it out with a spoon
5. Cook on low for 7-8 hours with a tea towel under the lid
Once the batter is mixed together, pour it into the slow cooker, even out and cook on low for seven to eight hours with a tea towel under the lid.
Her fruit cake post received hundreds of ‘likes’ and comments from fans keen to try the ‘easy’ recipe for themselves and offered their unique fruit cake ingredients.
‘I’ve made one in the oven previously, it was yummy. But I’m definitely going to try making it in the slow cooker,’ one woman wrote.
‘The recipe I have was similar to this…I used brandy and cold tea…My dad absolutely loved it,’ said another.
Source: Read Full Article