The weightloss brand has recalled its "Advanced Vitality Strawberry + Blueberry Burst Meal Replacement Powder Shake Vegan".
It has said that the product poses a health risk for anyone with an allergy or intolerance to milk or milk constituents.
As the product is described as vegan, it means shoppers may have bought the shake assuming it was milk-free.
There are four batches of the powder affected with product lot numbers of 8291, 8292, 8293, 8294, which can be found on the back of the tub.
All affected products have a pack size of 450g and a best before date of October 2019.
How to find the cheapest supermarket deals
- Find the cheapest online prices: Google Shopping is a good tool for finding the cheapest price – it searches a wide range of retailers of various sizes
- Abandon online shopping baskets: Don't go straight to check-out after putting the items in your basket – it may tease retailers into giving you discount codes
- Ask a site to negotiate a fee for you: If you're struggling to find a deal, Flubit is a free site that aims to negotiate discounts for you
- Sign up to retailers' newsletters for big discounts: It sometimes means a percentage discount code, or a straight discount off your first shop
- Check when stores discount groceries: Check with your local store when they discount food items that are about to expire – this is the perfect time to nab bargains
The shakes are sold by Amazon, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Tesco and Tesco Ireland.
SlimFast has issued the recall and has also been advised to contact the relevant allergy support organisations, which will tell their members.
The company has also issued a point-of-sale notice to its customers.
It says that customers who have an allergy or intolerance to milk or milk constituents should not drink the shake and instead should return it to the store where it was bought for a full refund.
The organisation has not said what vegans who bought the product in good faith should do, but The Sun has contacted the company for a comment.
Customers who want more information can call SlimFast's helpline on 0800 587 4471 in England or 1850 419 172 in the Republic of Ireland.
You can also email [email protected] for a full refund.
Lidl recently recalled mini-‘Magnum’ style ice creams over fears they could trigger allergies.
While, chocolate cornflake cakes sold in Iceland have been recalled due to fears they may contain salmonella.
Elsewhere, Asda has recalled Frozen Smooth Mashed Potato because it may contain gluten.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 78 24516. Don't forget to join the Sun Money's Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.
Source: Read Full Article