Beyoncé is nothing if not the most Beyoncé person to have ever lived.
From surprise-releasing her self-titled 2013 album overnight to finishing an epic performance with blood dripping down her ear to breaking the internet with her angelic twins announcement, Beyoncé continues to find new and surprising ways to bless our lives with her strength, power and poise.
As we obsess over her most recent otherworldly performance, we reflect back on the 16 most Beyoncé things to have ever graced our lives.
1. She and husband JAY-Z released a surprise joint album, Everything Is Love, and the internet went wild.
Just over a week after Beyoncé and JAY-Z kicked off their On the Run Tour II, the pair shocked their fans by releasing a new joint album called Everything Is Love. The nine-track LP lists the powerhouse couple simply as The Carters. A video for new track “Apes—” was shot by Ricky Saiz on location at The Louvre in Paris in May dropped simultaneously.
2. She announced she was having twins on Instagram with the most angelic, stunning pregnancy photo that the internet has ever seen.
“We would like to share our love and happiness. We have been blessed two times over,” the singer captioned a photo of herself cradling her sizeable bump.
“We are incredibly grateful that our family will be growing by two, and we thank you for your well wishes. – The Carters.”
We may never recover.
2. After ripping her earlobe in the middle of a show, Beyoncé carried on like a superhuman.
Nothing can faze Queen Bey.
During her Tidal X:105 performance at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center in New York City, her earring was accidentally torn from her ear. Although she noticed some blood from the injury during the song “Haunted,” she finished the show, undaunted.
3. Her explosive, magical performance at the 2016 VMAs.
The Queen surprised fans just hours after her appearance was confirmed with an epic medley of songs from Lemonade, her now-iconic 2016 visual album.
4. Her surprise album release in 2013.
Everyone remembers where they were when Beyoncé dropped and how much they cried/screamed. (If you say you don’t, you’re lying.)
5. The Formation music video.
And her breathtaking Super Bowl performance.
6. The creation of the Blue Ivy, the world’s most ***flawless child.
One of Bey’s most precious masterpieces yet.
7. Speaking of Blue Ivy, her epic first pregnancy announcement.
After performing “Love on Top” at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, she dropped the mike and rubbed her stomach, announcing her pregnancy in a way only Bey could.
8. Her career-defining performance as Foxxy Cleopatra in the third Austin Powers movie, Goldmember.
Did you forget about that? Well, you MESSED UP.
9. Two words: Single. Ladies.
Ye was right: It’s the greatest music video of all time.
10. The 2009 inauguration, when she serenaded Barack and Michelle Obama during their first dance.
The song? Etta James’s “At Last,” a guaranteed tear-jerker.
11. THIS MET GALA LOOK
There is no other human in the world who could have pulled this off.
12. Her Instagram presence in general.
It’s too much but also just enough.
13. Winning the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award and being joined onstage by her perfect family.
We’re not crying. You’re crying.
14. Giving us major #fitspiration with her Elle cover shoot
Bow down! We can’t even do these moves in our sleep, let alone for a fancy photo shoot.
15. Tackling hot-button personal AND political issues with Lemonade.
After teasing fans with short clips and a mysterious TV guide listing (how 1999!), Beyoncé dropped her latest album, in full, on Saturday night; and like her 2013 work, the new songs are accompanied by full realized music videos. Lemonade continues what Beyoncé started three years ago – appearing to tackle head on issues in her relationship with husband Jay-Z, among other things. The album closes with “Formation,” whose music video included references to New Orleans, Hurricane Katrina and police brutality. Until Bey’s next album drops, we’ll be re-living these moments over and over and over and over.
Source: Read Full Article