THE Balearic islands have been placed on the UK travel "green" list.
That means from next Wednesday at 4am, anyone holidaying in Ibiza, Majorca and Menorca no longer have to quarantine on their return to the UK.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
They can also drop a pricey PCR test, as travellers from green list countries only need a PCR test before arrival in the UK and a second one on day 2 after they enter England.
The Balearic islands, which heavily rely on tourism, have been pushing to welcome tourists back for months as they have lower Covid rates than the mainland.
Trips to the Balearics have been banned since January 4, when England went into a third national lockdown due to surging coronavirus infections.
Some of the best deals to the Balearics are:
- TUI Blue Alcudia Pins apartments, Majorca – self-catering in July from £216pp
- TUI Globales St Lucia, Palma Nova, Majorca – half-board in July from £339pp
- TUI Globales Bouganvilla, Majorca – all-inclusive in July from £299pp
- Thomas Cook Globales Cala Vinas Hotel – half-board in July from £398pp
- Thomas Cook Invisa Es Pla Hotel – bed and breakfast in July from £350pp
- Easyjet Holidays Globales Veramar apartments – self-catering in July from £299pp
- Easyjet Holidays Playa Bella apartments in July from £553pp
- Jet2 Holidays Hotel Bahamas-half-board in July from £340pp or all-inclusive £386pp
As part of the government's new plan for travel aboard, countries are classified as either green, amber, or red, depending on the state of the pandemic and rate of vaccinations.
Brits who travel to "green" list countries will be able to return to England without quarantine restrictions but will require a pre-flight Covid test as well as a PCR test on day two of returning to the UK.
Those countries that are on the "Amber" list require a negative Covid test before arrival in the UK, plus two further tests once in the country and a ten-day quarantine at home.
Arrivals from "red" list countries would have to isolate at a quarantine hotel for 10 days, at a cost of £1,750.
If you're looking for more foreign holiday inspiration, we've found cheap all inclusive holidays for this summer and there are many cheap package holidays.
For breaks in the UK, holiday parks are offering huge bargains and we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
We've also rounded up great deals in the UK's warmest places and found the best kid-friendly beaches and England's best family-friendly seaside towns.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article