HOTELS have now reopened for guests, and while many coastal destinations are seeing a boost in bookings, there are still cheap rooms available for the summer.
With international travel restrictions set to to continue, a classic British seaside break is a more straightforward way of enjoying time away from home.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
As Brits continue to stick to staycations, many seafront destinations might start to book up fast.
But for those who've pinned their hopes of getting a break in Cornwall or Devon – there's still a chance escape to the seaside this summer.
Lots of hotels, which reopened on May 17, still have availability at reasonable prices, probably because they have had to open later than self-catered accommodation.
Some of the best deals are:
- Premier Inn from £29 per room
- Britannia Hotels from £35 per room
- Bookings.com from £39 per room
- Travelodge hotel breaks in Brighton from £160 per stay
- LastMinute.com Weston-super-mare hotels from £35 a night
- Travelzoo coastal UK deals from £99 per stay
Beach destinations are set to be even more popular than usual as many Brits opt to stay in the UK rather than go abroad this summer.
Some areas are set to be packed with Brits this year, including Cornwall, where some people were even put onto waiting lists for self-catering properties due to its popularity.
This week’s best UK travel deals
- Best June holiday parks deals from £160
- UK holiday spots during school summer break without the crowds
- Bargain London city breaks from £27 a night
- Premier Inn reopen with 2 million rooms for £29
- B&Bs in England are now open – here are deals in top seaside spots from £25
- Best theme park break deals including Peppa Pig World from £52pp
As well as hotels now being open, groups of up to six people from different households or unlimited numbers of people from two households can share a holiday let together.
From June 21, holidays will resume with no restrictions in England, providing the rise of the new Indian Covid variant doesn't derail plans.
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
There are also great UK coach trips for families and campsites with availability for summer.
Alternatively, we've found holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article