Brave woman tried to bite off attacker’s penis while he repeatedly raped her

A woman who tried to fight off a rapist by biting his penis has been commended for her "bravery and strength" after the intruder stormed into her home.

The victim clenched her teeth onto the privates of Brian Brough as he forced her to conduct a sex act at the property in Salford, Greater Manchester.

The 60-year-old was left suffering from multiple bone fractures to her face after she was repeatedly raped and beaten up late at night on March 19 last year.

She managed to escape to a neighbour's house and was rushed to hospital with a fractured jaw, missing teeth, black eyes, a broken nose and internal injuries.

It was reported that Brough, 36, gained access into her home after he knocked on her front door under the false pretence of being her neighbour's friend.

Mark Kellet, prosecuting, described the ordeal and said: "Although she had never met the defendant before, as her neighbour's name matched what he said, she opened the door and he came into the house asking to use the toilet.

"She went into the front room but was followed by the defendant and as she sat on the sofa he sat next to her and put his arm around her.

"He told her that he was a male escort and took his penis out, saying: 'Look, this is what I do.'

"She told him that she was not interested, but he grabbed her head and forced it onto him.

"In response, she bit the defendant's penis which prompted him to hit her in the face."

Mr Kellet went on to say that Brough grabbed the victim by her hair and "dragged" her into the bedroom – she recalls coming in and out of consciousness.

The prosecutor said she tried to stop him from raping her but then he punched her which caused her to blackout again.

It was reported that Brough fled the scene with two stolen Samsung phones, bank cards, a Fitbit, alcohol and more.

The victim was taken to a rape crisis centre where medics identified a sample of Brough's DNA. He was later arrested at Wigan market.

During his rape trial in November, Brough denied wrongdoing, turned down legal representation and refused to appear in court.

Brough was jailed for 18 years with an extended licence period of four years at Minshull Street Crown Court, Manchester.

He will have to serve a minimum of 12 years and will remain on the Sex Offenders Register for life.

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here .

Sentencing Judge John Edwards said to Brough: "This was an extremely remorseless and violent rape.

"It was on any level a horrific ordeal for her. I have no doubt you pose a significant risk of harm to others."

Mr Edwards added: "I hope that she is able to draw a line under this, in the knowledge that this man will not be released probably in her lifetime."

Detective Constable Leanne Jackson of Greater Manchester Police commented: "He did not even have the decency to attend his trial and face up to his actions and instead refused to come out of his prison cell with the trial having to be heard in his absence.

"I also want to commend her bravery and strength throughout the investigation and trial as her determination to see this through has ensured we were able to secure a significant conviction."

Source: Read Full Article