Chinese defector 'warned Covid was spreading in Wuhan SIX WEEKS before Beijing admitted outbreak'

A CHINESE defector claims he had warned the US authorities about Covid spreading in Wuhan six weeks before Beijing admitted the outbreak.

Human rights activist Wei Jingsheng says he had informed US intelligence agencies in November 2019, weeks before China alerted the World Health Organization.


In a new documentary which is based on a book titled "What Really Happened in Wuhan", he reveals how he first heard of a mystery virus during the World Military Games in Wuhan back in October 2019.

The defector claimed he attempted to alert the authorities of the seriousness of the situation in Wuhan after being informed by contacts in Beijing.

He said he spoke to a politician and Chinese human rights activist Dimon Liu.

And although he declined to name exactly which politician he spoke to, he said the person had links to the president.

"I’m not sure if this politician wants me to talk about him right here," he said.

"But I want to say he is a high enough politician, high enough to be able to reach the President of the United States."

When asked whether he felt his intelligence about the new virus was taken seriously, he responded: "I felt they were not as heavily concerned as I was so I tried my best to provide more detailed information. 

"They may not believe there is (a) government of a country that would do something like that (cover up a virus).

"So I kept repeating myself in an effort to try to persuade them."

China eventually alerted WHO about an outbreak in Wuhan six weeks later, on December 31, 2019.

However, Beijing did not admit the virus is contagious until January 2020 when it was already spreading across the country.

On January 30, WHO declared an international public health emergency over the coronavirus outbreak.

And In February the first Covid-19 cases started gradually being recorded in the UK.

The outbreak was declared a global pandemic on March 11, 2020, as cases were spiraling across the world.

There have been several theories supporting claims that China was trying to cover up the source of Covid.

Leaks of Chinese official data show the first confirmed case of Covid-19 in Wuhan can be traced back to November 17, 2019.

But according to the Chinese government, there were no deaths until January 9, 2020.

Meanwhile, a number of medics said they were silenced when they tried to warn about the virus.

Evidence suggested the virus was created in a lab and researchers used science to hide their tracks.

Last month cyber security expert Robert Potter said a Chinese data leak appears to show the Communist Party "purged" a key database about the coronavirus from the Wuhan lab linked to the pandemic.

And earlier this month Ian Lipkin, a professor at Columbia University in the US, revealed he also knew about the outbreak in Wuhan two weeks before it was reported.



We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 02077824104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article