Devil-obsessed 'Ripper' driver, 26, who murdered woman faces life

Devil-obsessed ‘Ripper’ delivery driver, 26, who murdered woman, 44, before dumping her body in woods and kidnapped and raped two others in violent four-hour spree faces life behind bars

  • Brian Sengendo, 26, beat and stabbed Therasia Gordon and dumped her body 
  • Earlier the same night, he targeted two other vulnerable women in the area 
  • He was accused of raping another woman and kidnapping a third the same night 
  • On Friday, Sengendo was found guilty of seven charges, including murder, attempted murder, kidnap, and rape 

A devil-obsessed ‘Ripper’ is facing the rest of his life behind bars for killing one woman and attacking two more in a violent four-hour spree.

Sexual predator Brian Sengendo fatally beat and stabbed Therasia Gordon, 44, then dumped her body in woods in Enfield, north London, last August.

Earlier the same night, the 26-year-old delivery driver targeted two other vulnerable women in the area, the Old Bailey was told. He is said to have kidnapped one and raped the other. 

A resident called police after seeing a woman being assaulted in a van, but by the time officers arrived the van had gone, with a large pool of blood left at the scene, as well as a phone that belonged to Ms Gordon.

The defendant, who had a collection of Tarot cards, was recorded on his mobile phone talking about devils and demons, jurors heard.

He told one of the victims ‘repeat after me, I’m the devil’s child’ as he forced her into a sex act, the court was told.

On Friday, Sengendo was found guilty of seven charges, including murder, attempted murder, kidnap, and rape.

Brian Sengendo, who was found guilty at the Old Bailey in London, of seven charges, including murder, attempted murder, kidnap, and rape

Therasia Gordon, 44, was fatally beat and stabbed, then dumped in woods in Enfield, north London

The jury was discharged from reaching verdicts on two other counts of kidnap and threatening with a knife in relation to a fourth woman.

Judge John Hillen congratulated the police for their ‘outstanding’ work to catch a potential serial killer before he could strike again.

He said: ‘Through effective police work….it may well be a serial killer has been caught on day one.

‘This is, to use a journalist vernacular, a Ripper case where an offender has been caught.’

Adjourning sentencing to March 18, the judge said the starting point would be 30 years but he would be considering a whole life order, meaning Sengendo would never be released.

During the trial, prosecutor John Price QC had told jurors that Sengendo carried out the attacks of ‘escalating gravity’ over less than four hours on the night of August 3 last year.

He kidnapped vulnerable women by ‘tricking’ them into his Vauxhall van.

Mr Price said: ‘He pretended to be a potential client, whereas in truth, no sooner had they got in and shut the door, this man had something very different in mind.’

Police first became aware after an officer went to the aid of an injured woman seen stumbling in the road just after midnight on August 4 last year.

Holding her bleeding neck, the woman was shouting: ‘I have been stabbed, can someone please help me?’

She told the officer: ‘I am a prostitute and my client stabbed me, then threw my mobile phone in the bush.’

A resident of New Park Avenue called police shortly before 1am to report an assault in an alleyway behind his house.

Brian Sengendo’s van. He kidnapped vulnerable women by ‘tricking’ them into his Vauxhall van

He had heard a female voice shouting out ‘Help, please, no!’ and saw a young man striking something inside a van, the court heard.

When police arrived, the van had gone but officers found a large pool of blood on the ground, a mobile phone and two bloodstained knives, jurors heard.

The phone was found to belong to Ms Gordon, a sex worker, and police circulated her details as a ‘high-risk missing person’.

Just under 32 hours later, a woman out for a morning walk along Burnt Farm Ride, near the M25, saw what she thought was a ‘life-size doll’ among trees.

A day later, early on August 6, a cyclist stopped and took a closer look, and realised it was a woman.

Mr Price said: ‘He called out to her but got no response. He believed she must be dead and so he telephoned the police.

‘It was immediately obvious from the outward appearance of her body that Ms Gordon had suffered a violent death. She had been stabbed and beaten.’

From nearby CCTV cameras, police identified a white Vauxhall Vivaro van which was linked to the defendant’s former address in Enfield.

Sengendo was arrested in the early hours of August 7 last year and told police in interview that he was ‘confused’ but did not answer questions.

However, police found his blood-soaked trainers and Tarot cards in an empty flat next to the defendant’s home.

Sengendo’s T-shirt was recovered from the scene of Ms Gordon’s attack.

DNA testing linked it to the defendant, Ms Gordon and the saliva of another victim.

Two phones were recovered – one near to where Ms Gordon’s body was dumped, which was found to contain a picture of the defendant wearing the same T-shirt.

Further examination also revealed the video in which he had forced one of his victims to perform oral sex.

The second phone revealed searches for ‘Dead girl in Enfield’ and ‘How long does DNA last’ in the days between the murder and the discovery of the body.

In his evidence, Sengendo, from Enfield, claimed a man called ‘KT’ who he met through his work as a Yodel delivery driver must have taken the T-shirt and the spare keys to his van.

He denied all the charges against him, saying he believed in the Devil like any Christian would.

Following the guilty verdicts, the prosecution indicated the Crown would not seek a retrial on the outstanding counts

Source: Read Full Article