Girl, 9, 'suffers chemical burns' after Soft'n Slo Squishies toy bursts in her hands leaving her screaming with pain

Lisa Marie Coyle rushed Cara-Rose to hospital after the youngster's hands began blistering when liquid spewed out the toy.

She claims doctors told her the schoolgirl had suffered "chemical burns" and now has bandages on her fingers, Belfast Live reports.

Lisa Marie is now warning other parents of the potential dangers of the toys, which are made of slow-rising foam in a variety of shapes.

The mum-of-four, from County Tyrone, said: "This is the new craze and she had it all day Saturday and my two-year-old as well. I dread to think what could have happened.

"I got up on Sunday morning to her screaming in pain. The purpose of the toy is to squeeze it but it burst and went all round her hand, two fingers on one and one on the other.


"I ran it under cold water but I did not know what it was. Whatever it was stuck to the sink so I rushed her to hospital and they looked at it and said it was a chemical burn and dressed it."

Lisa Marie bought the toy for Cara-Rose Sainsbury's in Craigavon as a treat for getting her spelling correct.

She is now planning to speak to Trading Standards and wants it taken off the shelves to avoid any more injury.

The mum said: "If it had got on her face or in her eyes it would have been so much worse. It seemed quite corrosive and I don't know what's in it.

"You buy these toys and you think they will have been extensively tested but you just don't know."

A spokesperson for Sainsbury's said: “We were very concerned to learn of this. We are in contact with the customer and wish her daughter a speedy recovery.

"We are urgently investigating and have removed this product from sale.”

Sun Online has contacted Orb TM, who make the product.



 

Source: Read Full Article