Teenage girl, 17, is rescued from her own CHIMNEY after coming home late and trying to sneak inside her home before her parents realized
- A teenage girl, 17, was rescued after she became stuck inside her own chimney on Wednesday night
- She was attempting to sneak inside her home after staying out late with a friend in Phoenix, Arizona
- The girl was stuck inside the chimney for 90 minutes before emergency services arrived and was stuck inside for an additional 40 minutes
- She was safe and did not need further medical attention
A teenage girl who tried to shimmy down a chimney chute to sneak into her home after staying out late with her friend had to be rescued by a bemused fire crew on the night before Thanksgiving.
Firefighters were called to a home near 1700 West Baseline Road in a south Phoenix neighborhood around 5pm on Wednesday to rescue the 17-year-old.
They found her stuck at the bottom, which had been sealed.
Firefighters dispatched to a home in Phoenix, Arizona, to rescue a 17-year-old girl who became stuck inside a chimney
According to Fox 10, the girl and her friend, Yasmeen, returned to her home to find it completely locked up.
With no other way inside, the girl decided to scale the home’s roof and shimmy down the chimney.
Yasmeen said: ‘She thought about going down the chimney. I didn’t know it was blocked in the bottom. I never thought it was blocked on the bottom, so she went down and she started freaking out.’
Pictured: the teenage girl covered in soot after firefighters hoisted her out of her chimney on Wednesday night
Once she became stuck in the chimney, Yasmeen said her friend began to panic.
‘She was, like, “call 911!” She couldn’t breathe,’ Yasmeen explained.
The girl was stuck inside the chimney for about 90 minutes before rescue crews arrived and took an additional 40 minutes to free her.
Yasmeen (pictured): ‘She thought about going down the chimney…I never thought it was blocked on the bottom, so she went down and she started freaking out’
The girl was stuck inside the chimney for 90 minutes before firefighters arrived to the scene (pictured)
The girl was removed from the chimney safely and examined for injuries before she was released.
AZ Family that the girl was talking to the firefighters throughout the whole ordeal and was even laughing after she was hoisted up.
Unfortunately, her parents didn’t find the incident so funny.
Yasmeen said: ‘They were so mad. Really mad.’
Source: Read Full Article