‘Man on fire after motorbike explosion’ rescued by neighbours with wet towels

A man who caught fire after an explosion was put out by hero neighbours who rushed to his aid.

Paramedics and firefighters rushed to a house in a suburb of Hull this afternoon after reports of an ‘explosion’ that left the man rolling around on the floor begging for help.

One woman who lives on the street said: “A bloke was doing his motorbike and there was an explosion and he was in fire.

"He was rolling around on grass asking for help.”

The woman rushed out of her house after hearing him screaming.


She said: “We came out with wet towels. He was rolling around covered in flames but one of the neighbours managed to put him out.

“He was in shock and he was really badly burnt. He didn’t look good.”

One resident told Hull Live the incident involved a man and a motorbike and that he “had been on fire” although this has not been confirmed by the emergency services.


The resident said: “I know it was something to do with a motorbike.

“Apparently a lad became on fire.”

A Humberside fire service spokeswoman said: “We received a call at 4.17pm today.

“Two appliances and a small tactical response vehicle were deployed. We have no other details at this time.”

The Yorkshire Ambulance Service added: "We were called to an incident at a private address and therefore we cannot give any more information.”

Source: Read Full Article