Manchester survivor who suffered horrific injuries lines up for 10k race

A Manchester bomb survivor who suffered injuries described as like “being shot 22 times at point-blank range” is to line up for a 10k charity wheelchair race.

Martin Hibbert, 41, will take part in the event on May 20, two days before the date of the terror attack last year.

The paralysed dad said: “Anyone who knows me knows how determined I am. It’s going to be a huge challenge to push myself around the course, but I will do it.”

He hopes to raise more than £1million in the next year for the hospitals that saved his and his daughter’s life.

He was just 30ft from suicide bomber Salman Abedi when the device detonated at an Ariana Grande gig, killing 22 victims.

The Mirror recently covered pioneering treatment he had in Australia that helped him move his toes in his bid to walk again.

He will take part in the Simplyhealth Great Manchester Run with former Paralympian Richie Powell and his best friend Lee Freeman.

The football agent, of Heath Charnock, Lancs, said: “I want to show terrorists they aren’t going to stop me doing anything.”

Source: Read Full Article