MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry's explosive tell-all interview with Oprah was bought for £1million by ITV – despite fears it is a "diplomatic bomb".
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expected to reveal some "pretty shocking things" in the sitdown chat with the US chatshow queen.
👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...
The programme will be aired in the US at 8pm EST – meaning it will be 1am in the UK at the time.
But the Daily Mail today reported that it is ITV who won the bidding war to broadcast the explosive chat on Brit's tellys.
It was reported the interview will now be aired on ITV1 on 8pm on Monday.
It was previously revealed a broadcasting battle had been sparked to win the airing rights, with Netflix, BBC and Sky all out.
Preview clips released this week have already hinted that "nothing will be off limits" in the interview.
It comes as…
- The Oprah interview won't be cancelled even if Prince Philip's condition worsens, it was claimed
- The Royal Family have been united in prayer for the 99-year-old duke as he was transferred to a different hospital
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex created a list of good deeds for people to hang on their fridges
- Oprah hinted Meghan faced an 'almost unsurvivable' struggle
Prince Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, were seen holding hands in the clips believe to have been filmed in Santa Barbara – but not the couple's house.
At one point, Harry told Oprah his concerns history would repeat itself, hinting at the tragic death of his mother Princess Diana.
He said: "You know for me, I'm just really relieved and happy to be sitting here, talking to you, with my wife by my side.
"Because I can't begin to imagine what it must have been like for her, going through this process by herself. All those years ago.
"Because it's been unbelievably tough for the two of us, but at least we had each other."
In another clip, Oprah is heard asking Meghan: "Were you silent, or were you silenced?
"I just want to make it clear to everybody there is no subject that is off limits.
"Almost unsurvivable, sounds like there was a breaking point."
The interview was also lengthened from the expected one and a half hours to two.
It's been reported the Queen was "blindsided" by Harry and Meghan's announcement of a "tell-all" interview with Oprah.
The royal couple apparently failed to inform the monarch of their plans before revealing they'll chat to the American chat show host.
And she only learned of it when US TV network CBS hurriedly issued a statement on Monday – after a producer working for Ms Winfrey mistakenly alerted ITV of the plans, the Mail on Sunday reported.
News of the big interview emerged after the couple announced Meghan's third pregnancy – and days before Buckingham Palace confirmed the pair will never return as senior royals.
The couple moved to the US last year after Megxit, buying a home in California.
They have since launched the Archewell Foundation, along with a podcast with Spotify and a production deal with Netflix.
The Sun Online has contacted ITV for comment.
Source: Read Full Article