Doria Ragland was seen carrying a Burberry garment bag as she was picked up outside her California home by a black SUV on Tuesday.
The 61-year-old's driver could be seen loading a suitcase and holdall into the back before heading to Los Angeles International Airport, where they entered through a private entrance.
According to TMZ, the mother-of-the-bride was dropped off at the terminal's new private suite – reserved for the rich and famous – and comes with a hefty price tag.
Doria, dressed in a black blazer over a white T-shirt and loose-fitting khaki trousers, got the full VIP treatment as she was driven privately across the tarmac straight to her first-class flight.
She's set to stay at Cliveden House in Berkshire, where rooms cost up to £1,500 a night, with Meghan for her last night before she officially joins the royal family.
What we know so far…
- Meghan Markle's dad Thomas will reportedly undergo major heart surgery at 7.30am on Wednesday and WON'T attend the Royal Wedding on Saturday
- He'd earlier said he wouldn't be attending for fear of embarrassing Meghan and the royal family over staged paparazzi photos
- The 73-year-old suffered a heart scare last week which he has reportedly blamed on an open letter by his son Tom Jr
- Mr Markle backed Meghan's mum Doria Ragland to give her away instead after he pulled out
- Prince Harry was said to blame himself for the upset just days before the wedding
- But despite the chaos Kensington Palace sources said the wedding would still go ahead
- Piers Morgan slammed Meghan's half-sister Samantha, saying she had been a media "vulture", after she appeared on GMB to defend her dad
As the yoga instructor made her way to the airport, speculation resurfaced about who would walk Meghan down the aisle after her dad Thomas Markle Snr pulled out of the wedding for a second time.
The 73-year-old told TMZ he is due to undergo major surgery later today after suffering a heart attack last week – which he's since blamed on his son Thomas Jnr.
He told the entertainment website: “They [doctors] will go in and clear blockage, repair damage and put a stent where it is needed.”
Mr Markle reportedly said his ex-wife should walk their daughter down the aisle as she weds Prince Harry at Windsor Castle on Saturday.
The latest revelation came just hours after it was reported he wanted to go to the wedding — itself only 24 hours after announcing he would not be there.
He said he had changed his mind after Meghan begged him to come, sending him a heartfelt text message saying: "I love you".
He said of the decision: “I’d like to be part of history. Of course I’d walk her down the aisle. This is a historic moment.
“I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle.”
The retired lighting director, who lives in Rosarito, Mexico, said medics had told him his heart was “seriously damaged” after a heart attack a week ago.
He blamed his health troubles on an open letter written by his son Thomas Jnr, urging the prince not to marry his half-sister.
On Monday, Thomas said he would not attend the Windsor wedding because he did not want to embarrass his daughter or the royals after admitting he was paid for staged paparazzi photos.
Source: Read Full Article