Missing woman, 28, died when car plunged into freezing lake 200 miles from home after she was 'raped by colleague' | The Sun

A MISSING woman died when her car plunged into a freezing lake 200 miles from home a year after she was allegedly raped, an inquest heard.

Hannah Warren, 28, had managed to free herself from the submerged Mini convertible and swim to nearby rocks.

But an inquest heard she tragically fell back into the icy water near a Tata Steel site in Port Talbot and drowned.

Hannah's body was discovered on a sandpile more than 100m from where her car hit the lake on February 4, 2016.

Her heartbroken mum Jane Barnes told an inquest today how Hannah died almost exactly a year to the day she was allegedly raped by a work colleague.

She had confided in her younger brother about the incident and was having counselling sessions.

Read more news

Cop revealed as one of UK’s worst rapists after torturing 12 women over 17 years

Woman & child killed in crash while walking outside Jaguar showroom

The hearing was told Hannah had been reported missing from home in Streatham, South West London, on February 3.

She vanished in her car at around 6am and later texted her boss to tell him she intended to resign from her job at an office design company in London.

Hannah then made the 200 mile journey to Port Talbot where she drove into the water from a quayside road that had no safety barriers.

Home office pathologist Dr Ryk James told the hearing he believed she died as a result of drowning.

Most read in The Sun


Harry 'felt less important than Wills when he was given fewer sausages'

ice cold reaction

Furious Dancing on Ice fans threaten to call Ofcom over Ekin-Su's outfit


Shocking moment fan KICKSAaron Ramsdale after Arsenal beat Tottenham


I got a barbed wire tattoo…people say it looks like a hair transplant line

Hannah's face and body were covered in “a number of” bruises and grazes including some on her neck that indicated a ligature could have been placed around it.

However Dr James said this may have been caused by the car’s seatbelt.

There were "low" levels of cocaine and cannabis in Hannah's system but the medic was unable to say whether this was capable of "impairing her behaviour".

The inquest was also told she was in a "distorted" state of mind at the time of her death.

Her mum broke down today as she told how Hannah had been in a relationship for two years with a colleague, David Murray, who was “titled".

The couple were planning to move in together in December 2015 but he told Hannah she was "not good enough for him" the day before, it was said.

Ms Barnes said this made her daughter feel "low" and she abandoned her plans to live with Mr Murray.

Hannah also cancelled a planned trip to South Africa that Christmas to see his family.

The mum said: "It was very sad because Hannah loved him."

Ms Barnes also told how Hannah had worked hard to land a key role at an office refurbishment company in London.

She said in the months leading up to her death, Hannah received a phone call from her boss criticising her efforts.

The inquest continues.

If you are affected by any of the issues raised in this article, please call the Samaritans for free on 116123.

Read More on The Sun

You’re getting stains out of your kids’ clothes all wrong and it’s ruining them

I eat one meal a day to feed my son & partner – I’ve lost three stone

Source: Read Full Article