Mum washed son’s blood-soaked jeans after he ‘stabbed cheerleader 114 times’

The mother of Aidan Fucci, a 14-year-old accused of killing a 13-year-old Tristyn Bailey by stabbing her 114 times, has turned herself in after she was suspected of tampering with evidence.

Crystal Smith, 35, is alleged to have been caught on video going into her son's room after he was arrested on May 10.

She allegedly retrieved the blood-stained jeans before "scrubbing the jeans in the bathroom sink".

Yesterday (June 5) Smith surrendered herself into custody where she was charged with tampering with evidence.

Sheriff Rob Hardwick, from St Johns County Sheriff's Office, said: "Crystal Smith will be held responsible for her role in this case and justice will be served for Tristyn Bailey and her family".

Tristyn was reported missing by her family at 10am on the morning of Sunday, May 9, which led to a 16-hour search for the teenager.

Her body was discovered later that day by a neighbour in the woods near her Durbin Crossing home in Florida.

Fucci was arrested after investigators found a folding buck knife in a pond near Tristyn's body, which they believe to have been the murder weapon.

The blade was "missing a tip" which medical examiners reported being lodged in Tristyn's scalp, Mr Larizza revealed.

Reportedly, after his arrest his mother washed his jeans. Investigators later conducted tests which showed blood traces on the jeans as well as inside a drain in the bathroom.

Sheriff Hardwick said: "This is a cold-blooded murder of a 13-year-old young girl who did not deserve to die.

"That being said, I don’t wanna mention the number of times but it is horrific. It is horrible.

"And the word accident is nowhere involved in this case."

Florida State Attorney RJ Larizza said Tristyn "fought for her life" when attacked with a blade which left 49 of the 114 wounds inflicted, on her hands and arms.

Fucci has been charged with first-degree murder and if found guilty he will be locked up in an adult jail.

Larizza explained the premeditated murder charge is based on allegations Fucci had told pals he would "take someone into the woods and stab them".

He had posted on Snapchat a selfie from the back of a cop car with the snide caption 'anyone seen Tristyn?'

The photo sparked an outcry, with St John's County Sheriff's Office later having to explain that Fucci had been taken in for questioning as a person of interest at the time, so had not been arrested.

Fucci and Tristyn were with a few friends before being left alone together on the night she was killed, according to Mr Larizza who commented: "This could just be a case of wrong place, wrong time."

Despite Fucci's friends not being suspected of any wrongdoing, the Attorney regretted his alleged plans were "not taken seriously" when after confessing them to "several" of his peers.

He said: "Could this have been prevented? We can't be sure."

Without disclosing any suspicion of sexual assault, Mr Larizza confirmed Fucci's DNA had been found on Tristyn's body and her DNA on shoes and a t-shirt found in his bedroom.

The lawyer said: "Premeditation can be inferred from just the sheer number of stab wounds that Tristyn Bailey had to suffer. Every time that arm went back, and every time that arm went down, that was premeditation … it happened 228 times.

Get latest news headlines delivered free

Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?

We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.

Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.

You can sign up here – you won't regret it…

He added: "It's not just the fact she was stabbed 114 times – it's also information that we were able to glean from witnesses.

"The defendant made statements to several people that he intended to kill someone. He didn't say who that was but he indicated that he was going to kill someone by taking them into the woods and stabbing them which are certainly the facts of this case.

She was fighting for her life. It's just sad that we even have to talk about that."

Fucci's next court appearance has not yet been scheduled.

Source: Read Full Article