My husband can't speak after teen gang beat him and his attacker is being freed after just 2 months – it's not justice | The Sun

THE wife of a man beaten so badly he was left brain damaged and unable to speak says she is "a wreck" after discovering one of the sadistic attackers is set to walk free in weeks.

Alan Willson, 47, was left in a coma following a sustained attack involving a tree log after standing up to three teenage bullies in a row over a frisbee.

Twisted brothers Archie, 16, and George Tilley, 14, were each caged for a total of 12 years in June for the Easter Sunday horror last year.

But pal Harry Furlong, 18, who got 20 months – with the final 10 spent on license – is set for release in less than four weeks.

Speaking from the couple's home in Worthing following the revelation, Annie told ITV: "Emotionally I am a wreck.

"Everyone thinks justice has been done. But really coming out after two months, that's not justice."


Influencer ‘hired thugs to choke ex-boyfriend to death after being dumped’

Moment Audi is FLIPPED after thugs smash into car while trying to flee mob

She said her and her kids' life had been "turned upside down" following the frenzied attack at Longcroft Park, in Worthing, East Sussex.

The thugs' actions have meant Alan is unable to play with his own kids and needs constant care.

He also has hearing problems, dental problems, cannot go to the toilet by himself or take care of his personal hygiene.

And he can't even sign his name.

Most read in UK News


Furious Amazon staff walk out after 35p pay rise from billionaire Jeff Bezos


Moment woman's hair is ripped out in Shameless-style mass brawl at dog kennels


Machete yob smashes up parking warden’s car before picking it up with FORKLIFT


Tributes to schoolboy, 14, killed in fairground accident after 'being crushed'

And while Alan is "still perfect", Annie stressed there are things she will never get back of the husband he was before.

The 47-year-old was left with "significant life-changing brain injuries" after being beaten with a wooden log as he came to the aid of an 11-year-old boy in the woods on the fateful day.


Lewes Crown Court previously heard how Alan was pushed over by one of the teens – then aged just 13, 14 and 17 – in a row over a frisbee.

He was then “whacked” with a 3ft log – causing a "loud crack" as his ribs broke.

The trio were later caught on CCTV at a railway station re-enacting the evil battering less than an hour later while attempting to impress girls.

One teen who spoke to the attackers described them as “fake beating the air” and giggling “please stop”.

A dog walker told police the attack at first “sounded like someone getting beaten up or hurt” then "like someone being murdered”.

Paramedics rushed to the scene following the 7.30pm horror but were unable to recognise him as being an adult.

His family were told not to expect that he would survive.

The keen snowboarder was left in a coma for several days and spent three months in hospital in total.

The twisted attackers had left Alan with bruising and bleeding on the brain and fractures to his skull, eye sockets, jaw and ribs.


Smirking and flicking the finger as they entered court, The Sun were able to unmask the remorseless Tilley brothers who were "ringleaders"in the attack.

George also smirked after the verdicts were handed down in May and continued to frequently grin during his hearing in June.

But the yob brothers packed in the smiling when handed a total extended sentence of 12 years.

This included a maximum of nine years with an extended three-year license.

Furlong was found guilty of inflicting grievous bodily harm (GBH) and jailed for 20 months.

Annie courageously read her victim impact statement in court: "You destroyed my family and have broken us beyond repair.

"You took away a husband, father grandad, brother, cousin and uncle."

Read More on The Sun

Carol Vorderman shows off her curves as she relaxes in the sun on holiday

I was on Love Island and here’s what time we really go to bed in the villa

A heart-breaking video taken in recent months was shown to court of Annie attempting to teach her husband how to count to ten again.

A community fundraiser has raised £37,000 for Alan's family.

    Source: Read Full Article