For our free coronavirus pandemic coverage, learn more here.
NSW has reported a further 78 new COVID-19 cases.
Of the new cases, 27 were in the community for their infectious period while 63,000 tests were conducted in the 24 hours to 8pm on Monday night.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian said the spread of the virus in workplaces and households remained a concern.
“It’s always pleasing when we see a drop in the numbers,” she said. “That 78 would have been much higher had people not been doing the right thing and we just need everyone to stick with it and make sure you protect yourself and your family and your work colleagues in particular.”
NSW Health revealed a close contact exposure site more than 500 kilometres north of Sydney overnight, with anyone who visited the Hoey Moey Bottleshop in Coffs Harbour on Thursday, July 15, between 3.55pm to 4.10pm asked to get tested and isolate for 14 days regardless of the result.
The bottleshop is one of more than 20 new exposure sites listed on Monday night, with close contact locations including a petrol station in Padstow on Tuesday, July 6, and a supermarket in Fairfield on Saturday, July 17.
Others include an electronics store, spare car parts retailer and a telecommunications provider. The exposure windows are from last week – before the NSW government cracked-down on non-essential retail.
Bus and train services were also added, with the list of locations potentially exposed to the virus now at more than 400.
NSW Transport says it is reviewing Sydney’s train and bus timetables and listening to feedback after services were slashed to discourage people travelling across Greater Sydney.
For the full list of exposure sites and times visit the NSW Government website.
Victoria recorded 13 new cases of COVID-19 in the state overnight, with four announced on Monday. All cases are so far linked to current outbreaks except one, which remains under investigation.
Victoria’s COVID-19 response commander Jeroen Weimar said two people in the latest outbreak had become accidental super-spreaders after picking up coronavirus brought into the state by rogue NSW removalists. The state now has 15,000 primary close contacts linked to the outbreak, those considered as having the highest risk of developing COVID-19.
Premier Daniel Andrews confirmed the state’s stay-at-home orders, which had been due to end midnight on Tuesday, would be extended.
Stay across the most crucial developments related to the pandemic with the Coronavirus Update. Sign up for the weekly newsletter.
Most Viewed in National
From our partners
Source: Read Full Article