THE suspect in the Oxford school shooting was reported by two teachers concerned about his behavior in the days before the deadly spree, police said on Thursday.
Ethan Crumbley, 15, faces charges of terrorism and murder after the deaths of classmates Tate Myre, 16,Hana St. Juliana, 14, and 17-year-olds Madisyn Baldwin and Justin Shilling.
Now it has emerged that the teen was first reported by a teacher on Monday – a day before the massacre.
That came after she "heard something that she felt was disturbing," Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard told CNN.
Sheriff Bouchard added: "They had a counseling session about it with school officials, and a phone call was left with the parents."
He was then reported by a different teacher the following day – the day of the shooting.
Sheriff Bouchard added: "A different teacher in a different classroom saw some behavior that they felt was concerning, and they brought the child down to an office."
The reports resulted in two separate meetings with Crumbley – including one with his parents and school officials just hours before the massacre.
"Ultimately it was determined that he could go back into class," Sheriff Bouchard added.
It is not clear what the teacher's exact concerns were.
But police confirmed that they are now looking into why Crumbley was allowed to return to class on Tuesday.
Sheriff Bouchard said security footage from the school shows the gunman appeared to aim for victims' head or chest.
Police said 15-year-old sophomore Crumbley came out of a bathroom shooting with a semi-automatic handgun, firing at students while moving down the hallway.
His father bought the 9 mm Sig Sauer gun last week, according to the sheriff.
Crumbley was arrested minutes later after putting his hands in the air.
Investigators found that he had recorded a video the night before the bloodshed in which he discussed killing students, Lt. Tim Willis of the sheriff’s office said.
“This was not just an impulsive act,” prosecutor Karen McDonald told reporters.
Crumbley is also said to have written about murdering classmates in a journal and on his phone.
And an Instagram page believed to have belonged to Crumbley also appears to show Ethan had a "countdown to return of devil" and wrote, "now I become death — destroyer of worlds — see you tomorrow Oxford."
There were “two separate videos recovered from Ethan’s cellphone made by him the night before the incident, wherein he talked about shooting and killing students the next day at Oxford High School,” Willis said.
His journal “detail[ed] his desire to shoot up the school, to include murdering students," the court heard on Wednesday.
Assistant prosecutor Marc Keast said Crumbley – who has pleaded not guilty – "deliberately brought the handgun that day with the intent to murder as many students as he could."
And prosecutor Karen McDonald said the shooting was premeditated, based on a “mountain of digital evidence” against Crumbley.
Crumbley – who has pleaded not guilty – was arraigned by video conference on Wednesday and was accompanied by his parents on the call.
He will be transferred from a juvenile detention center to Oakland County's adult jail, where he'll be sequestered and put under suicide watch.
Crumbley was charged Wednesday as an adult with one count of terrorism, four counts of first-degree murder, seven counts of assault with intent to murder, and 12 counts of possession of a firearm.
He will be tried as an adult, prosecutors confirmed on Wednesday.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?
Email us at [email protected] or call 212 416 4552.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS
Source: Read Full Article