Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'already working on animated Netflix series to inspire women'

PRINCE HARRY and Meghan Markle have been working on a Netflix animation series to inspire women as part of their mega-bucks new deal, it is reported.

The royal couple have signed up with the streaming giants in a landmark move into Hollywood that it's claimed could rise to £180 million with bonuses.


The Sussexes have launched their own production company after penning the "historic" contract.

Harry, 35, and Meghan's animation series in said to be in development as part of the megabucks move, the New York Times reports.

They will produce documentaries, feature films, and children’s programming in a landmark move just six months after their 'Megxit' move to California.

The Queen told them they couldn't use the word "Royal" in their branding after they quit The Firm to become financially independent and live in North America.

MEG-A DEAL

Prior to signing with Netflix, Harry and Meghan, 39, held talks with Disney and Apple, according to the New York Times.

Last month, it was reported the Sussexes also held talks with NBCUniversal.

PR guru Jonathan Shalit says Harry and Meghan will net between £37m and £75m. 

He told The Sun: “It is a staggering deal. Never before has a Hollywood studio got hold of British royal family – this is historic.

“Meghan and Harry will hire shadow producers to do the work but their names alone attached to Netflix are gold dust.”

MEGXIT MOVE

Mr Shalit, of InterTalent Rights, claimed Harry, 35, and Meg could pocket bonuses which would increase their haul to more than £180million.

Their pals the Obamas, also first-time producers, reportedly received up to £74million in a similar Netflix deal in 2018.

The lucrative new move comes after Harry and Meghan recently launched the MWX Foundation, a re-branding of their Sussex Royal foundation.

The Sussex Royal foundation was launched on July 1 last year, after the couple split from the foundation theyshared with Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Harry and Meghan officially announced their departure as working royals with their new life beginning on April 1.

Films and programmes focused on racial justice, gender equality and the environment have been popular with producers in Hollywood recently.


Last year, Netflix premiered hit-series When They See Us, about five black teenagers framed for rape in the 80s in New York,

In 2018, the streaming service signed with Barack and Michelle Obama to produce shows and films for a reported eight-figure sum.

The former First Couple's documentary Crip Camp about the disability rights movement is being tipped for an Oscar next year.

Harry and Meghan's new global platform to produce programmes comes less than a year after quitting the royal family.

Our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope

Following today's stunning revelation, Harry and Meghan said: "Our lives, both independent of each other, and as a couple have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit: of courage, resilience, and the need for connection.

"Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shining a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.

"As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us, as is powerful storytelling through a truthful and relatable lens."

Harry recently spoke about the couple's commitment to helping causes close to his and Meg's hearts.

In a video-chat with the Rugby Football League he said: "Our little man is our number one priority, but our work after that is the second priority.

“And we’re just trying to do everything we can to do our part to make the world a better place.”

Earlier this summer, the royal couple moved into a £11m home in Santa Barbara after their stay in Tyler Perry's £14m LA mansion.

Source: Read Full Article