PRINCE Harry swore as he asked podcast host Dax Shepard about what it was like to take a “s***load” of drugs and 'getting s*** done'.
During the Armchair Expert podcast, Shepard spoke candidly about his drug use in the past and was quizzed by the Duke of Sussex about his path to sobriety.
🔵 Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates
Shepard had first started using drugs and alcohol in High School but sought help for his addiction in 2004 – and was sober for 16 years before a recent relapse which he revealed on his podcast in October last year. He has been clean ever since.
Prince Harry asked Shepard whether he had "an awareness" of what was fuelling his use of drugs as a younger man.
He then continued: “For you it was your upbringing and everything that happened to you – the trauma, pain and suffering…
“All of a sudden you find yourself doing a s***load of drugs and partying hard.
“Look how many other people do that as well. They wouldn’t have the awareness at the time.
“I certainly wouldn’t have had the awareness when I was going wild.
“It’s like why am I actually doing this? In the moment its like, this is fun. I’m in my 20s – it’s what you’re supposed to do”.
Elsewhere in the podcast, Harry revealed…
- Prince Harry claims his life is like the film The Truman Show and he is targeted with "vile and toxic abuse" by trolls
- Harry revealed how he and Meghan Markle first met up in a supermarket – and ‘pretended’ they didn’t know each other to avoid attracting attention
- Harry tries to have "compassion" for trolls, but finds it "really hard when you're on the receiving end"
- The Duke said that life had felt "more free" since his move to LA with Meghan
- Harry doesn't believe in the "old way of thinking" where girls just "want to be a princess"
- Meghan Markle gave Prince Harry words of wisdom about Royal life – telling him "you can create your own life better than any princess"
Later on in the podcast, Harry and Dax spoke about the importance of ‘listening to your body’ to look for signs of distress – even when you are think you are “cruising”.
He said: “There’s cortisol that’s playing havoc… then the adrenaline part that’s giving you this extra energy.
“Whatever this is inside of me, it’s really helping me. It’s driving me – it’s fuel.
“That’s where the burnout happens because you think ‘this isn’t normal but it feels great because I can get s*** done’.
“But eventually it hits you and it’s like, ‘that’s not sustainable’.”
Prince Harry also revealed he feels "more free" since his move to LA, where he lives with Meghan Markle and son Archie.
He told the podcast: “Living here now I can actually lift my head and actually I feel different, my shoulders have dropped, so has hers, you can walk around feeling a little bit more free.
“I can take Archie on the back of my bicycle. I never had the chance to do that.”
Source: Read Full Article