Slender Man stabber Anissa Weier released & watched 24/7 after helping Morgan Geyser to knife friend 19 times in 2014

A TEENAGER who admitted to helping a friend stab a classmate 19 times to appease the fictional horror character Slender Man will be released from a mental health institution, a judge ruled Friday.

Anissa Weier, 19, will be released from the Winnebago Mental Health Institute in Wisconsin on Monday and placed on 24-hour watch.

In his ruling, Waukesha County Judge Michael Bohren said Weier will be subject to constant GPS monitoring and receive outpatient psychiatric treatment under the conditions of her release.

Bohren said the terms of the release were fair and "provide for the protection of the community" as well as for the victim.

Weier's attorney said the teen "looks forward to moving on to a productive life."


Weier has spent almost four years at the mental institute after she admitted to taking part in the 2014 stabbing of Payton Leutne, in what became known as the Slender Man case.

Weier and her friend Morgan Geyser lured Leutne into a park in the Milwaukee suburb of Waukesha following a sleepover in May 2014. 

Geyser stabbed Leutner multiple times, while Weier cheered her on.

All three girls were just 12-years-old at the time.

Weier and Geyser left Leutner for dead but a passing cyclist spotted her on the ground and called 911.

The teen had been stabbed a sickening 19 times but narrowly survived.

Weier and Geyser were found by police hours after the attack walking along Interstate 94.

When approached by officers, the girls told them they were on their way to Slender Man's mansion.

They also reportedly admitted to attacking Leutner because they thought it would make them Slender Man’s servants and prevent him from killing their families.

Slender Man is a horror character born out of internet folklore. He's depicted as a tall, wiry figure with a blank white face.


Weier pleaded guilty to attempted second-degree intentional homicide in December 2017 and was sentenced to 25 years at the Winnebago Mental Health Institute.

However, in March she launched a petition for conditional release that she has exhausted all her treatment options at the facility and needs to rejoin society, vowing she'd never let herself "become a weapon again."

Bohren ruled in July that Weier no longer poses a threat to society and ordered state officials to draw up a conditional release plan for her. Those plans were finalized on August 30, leading to Friday's hearing.

Geyer, meanwhile, remains behind bars.

She pleaded guilty to attempted first-degree intentional homicide and was sentenced in February 2018 to 40 years in a mental health facility.

More to follow…

For the latest news on this story keep checking back at Sun Online.

The Sun is your go to destination for the best celebrity news, football news, real-life stories, jaw-dropping pictures and must-see video.

Download our fantastic, new and improved free App for the best ever Sun Online experience. For iPhone click here, for Android click hereLike us on Facebook at and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS.

    Source: Read Full Article