Tragic Nora Quoirin was NOT killed by third party coroner rules as parents left ‘extremely disappointed’

NORA Quoirin’s parents have said they are “extremely disappointed” after a coroner ruled her tragic death didn’t involve a third party.

The 15-year-old from London – who had learning difficulties – disappeared while on a family holiday in Malaysia last year and her body was found in the jungle ten days after she went missing.

Nora's parents Meabh and Sebastian believe she was probably abducted – though local police insisted there was no foul play and an autopsy found she probably starved and died of internal bleeding.

Malaysian coroner Maimoonah Aid has now ruled she died by "misadventure" after wandering into the jungle and getting lost.

After the verdict Nora’s family are “extremely disappointed” with the verdict.

The coroner told a court in the city of Seremban: "After hearing all the relevant evidence, I rule that there was no one involved in the death of Nora Anne.

"It is more probable than not that she died by misadventure."

The teen likely left the family accommodation "on her own and subsequently got lost", she said.

The schoolgirl's naked body was found in a stream in the jungle near the resort after a huge 10-day hunt that included hundreds of rescuers, helicopters and sniffer dogs.

The coroner took two hours to deliver the verdict, going through the testimony from over 40 witnesses that was presented during the inquest from late August to December.

As well as saying there was no evidence to support the theories of homicide or sexual assault, she decided against an "open verdict" – something which the teen's family had pushed for.

Nora went missing from her family’s cottage a day after they arrived for a holiday at the Duson eco-resort in Malaysia on August 4 last year.

Following a huge search operation, her naked body was found on August 13 close to a stream about 1.6 miles away from the resort.

Maimoonah focused on the fact the family were likely exhausted after a long journey from Britain and activities at the Dusun resort on the day of their arrival in August, 2019.

"The family (were) all jet-lagged and tired. Nora Anne had also shown her level of tiredness increase,” she said.

This made it likely that the teen who was in a "strange and new place" had wandered out of the London-based family's accommodation of her own accord on their first night at the resort, she said.

Nora's family was represented by lawyers S. Sakthyvell, who said after the verdict: "The parents who followed the live-stream of proceedings were extremely disappointed with the ruling.

"We spoke soon after the live stream ended and they were advised on options available. They are expected to further speak to the media in London."

During the inquest, Nora's Belfast-born mum recalled how she heard "muffled voices" inside the family's chalet the night the teen disappeared.

She also slammed "arrogant" cops who may have lost vital evidence in the days following her daughter's disappearance.

The hearing that Nora was physically frail and incapable of scaling a fence and wandering off.

Cops searched the exact location where her body was found THREE times – meaning she was on the move during the rescue operation, the inquests was told.

Source: Read Full Article