Two children aged three and five among eight injured in ‘serious’ late-night collision in suburban Birmingham
- Two children, three and five, were among eight injured in Erdington, Birmingham
- West Midlands Police said two adults suffered ‘possible life-changing injuries’
- The crash on Summer Road involved a car and a people carrier on Saturday
- Police, ambulance and fire crews were called to the scene just before 11pm
Two children aged three and five were among eight people injured in a ‘serious collision’ between a car and a people carrier.
West Midlands Police said two adults who were in the people carrier suffered serious and ‘possible life-changing injuries’ following the incident on Summer Road, Erdington late on Saturday night.
A five-year-old child suffered a broken leg, and another child, three, has suspected internal injuries.
All four have been taken to hospital along with the driver of a Volkswagen Golf, who also has suspected serious injuries.
Erdington Fire tweeted: ‘At the scene of a serious collision,’ after they were called to the area at around 11pm on Saturday
- Disturbing video shows Tesla autopilot ‘repeatedly veering… At least 60 are killed in Ghana as two buses smash in to…
Share this article
Three other children, also in the people carrier, have minor injuries and are being cared for by officers.
A picture of the hatchback released by Erdington Fire appeared to show the car’s bonnet had been severely crumpled in the smash.
Police, ambulance and fire crews rushed to the scene after being called just before 11pm on Saturday and the road has been closed at its junction with Sutton New Road and York Road.
Source: Read Full Article