Vile couple bit, smacked and beat girl, 3, for hours every day

Cruel couple who repeatedly beat three young children leaving three-year-old girl covered head to do in bruises ‘as punishment for biting her nails’ are jailed for almost eight years

  • Couple from Lewisham jailed for biting, kicking and hitting three children 
  • Three-month-old was left with 54 separate injuries to her face and body 
  • Yea Ping Chan has been sentenced to four years and two months’ imprisonment
  • Foo Khong Heow, 49, will serve three years and four months behind bars 

Yea Ping Chan, 42, has been jailed for four years and two months over abuse of three children, including one adopted

A couple who subjected three children children to sustained attacks leaving a toddler with 54 injuries from biting, hitting and dragging her by her hair have been jailed.

Yea Ping Chan, 42 and Foo Khong Heow, 49, came up with their own form of torture as ‘punishments’ for the three children when they would bite their fingernails or irritate them.

The pair from Lewisham, London, made the children aged six, three and seven squat in a stress position to punish them when they were not being physically assaulted. The six-year-old child was adopted by the pair.

When they were finally caught out, the youngest child, three, had 54 ‘non-accidental injuries’.

Chan was sentenced to four years and two months’ imprisonment and Heow was order to spend three years and four months behind bars.

Chan and Heow pleaded guilty to two counts of cruelty to a person aged under 16 years at Woolwich Crown Court on Tuesday.

Chan also pleaded guilty to assault by beating.

Police uncovered hours of footage of the children being abused. The girl, three, was beaten and made to sit in stress positions for up to seven hours.

Officers were sent to the house by the NSPCC charity after it was alerted to possible assaults on the girl aged three.

A complaint said her left arm was twice the size of her right arm and she had bruises around her neck.

Horrified officers found the child had extreme bruising to both her cheeks. She was also wearing winter gloves indoors.

Chan attempted to tell officers the bruising was from her sucking on the child’s face as part of a prayer ritual. She also explained the gloves by saying the child bites her nails.

The elder two children were asked when Chan left the room how the little girl had got so many bruises all over her body. At this point they told officers she had been punished for biting her nails.

Both Heow and Chan were arrested and the children were taken to A&E to have their injuries assessed. The youngest child had 54 wounds.

They were then taken into police protection and subsequently place in foster care.

Foo Khong Heow, 49, was sentenced to 

Police then discovered the house was rigged with CCTV which contained around 170 hours of footage.

Horrific assaults were recorded and viewed by the officers who noted the three-year-old was their main victim.

The footage showed the youngest child being assaulted on almost a daily basis.

Many of the assaults would happen during the night with Chan dragging the three-year-old out of bed by her hair and subjecting her to up to seven hours of abuse which included biting, sucking, pushing, shaking and hitting her with implements repeatedly.

Chan is seen to put a cloth or items of clothing into the victim’s mouth whilst assaulting her and sitting on top of her body.

When the victim was not being assaulted, she was made to stand in stress positions and squat continuously. No medical attention was sought for the victim at any time during this period.

Heow was seen to force his feet into the three-year-old’s mouth. He also violently hit the three-year-old and six-year-old with a stick.

Chan and Heow were charged on 19 December 2017.

Investigating officer PC Alice Hammick-Smith, from the Met’s Child Abuse and Sexual Offences Command, said: ‘Both Chan and Heow carried out a despicable campaign of abuse on three young, defenceless children. These children should have been protected from harm by Chan and Heow, instead, they were subjected to extreme violence on almost a daily basis.

‘The overwhelming level of evidence we gathered against them led to them having to plead guilty to these heinous crimes. I’m pleased they have received a custodial sentence and I hope it acts as a deterrent to others.’ 


Source: Read Full Article