‘Wouldn’t have happened with me there!’ Trump takes swipe at Biden after Kabul bombing

Donald Trump condemns 'evil' attack in Afghanistan

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Donald Trump agreed with the Taliban that all US troops would leave Afghanistan by the end of the month which was carried out by Joe Biden. But the former US President claimed the deadly suicide bombings in Kabul on Thursday night “wouldn’t have happened” if he was still in charge. The Kabul airport attack, which killed 13 US troops and at least 79 Afghans, was claimed by Islamic State militants.

In a statement, Mr Trump said: “The Taliban is the enemy. I dealt with the leader of the Taliban … this is a tough, hardened person that’s been fighting us for many years, and we’re using them now to protect us?

“Look what happened with their protection, 100 people — much more, they say, than 100 people — were killed and 13 of our incredible military were killed, and that’s just the beginning.

“We had plenty of time. They [the Taliban] weren’t gonna move. We had them under total control.

“We had the airplanes, we had the Air Force, they had nothing … There was no reason to expedite. I could have taken two years, three years to get [US forces] out. We were gonna get ‘em out fast, but … we were in no rush. We controlled everything, and they were afraid to move.

“They wouldn’t have done a thing without my approval.

“Everything they did was conditions-based, and the biggest condition [was] you can’t kill Americans.

“And they can go back to their civil war after we’re gone, they can do whatever they want to do, but you can’t ever kill Americans and you can never come to our homeland, and he [Taliban leader Mullah Abdul Baradar] knew what was going to happen if they ever did it.”

Afghanistan: Tom Tugendhat warns of possible hostage crisis

It comes as vowed on Thursday the US would hunt down those responsible for twin explosions at the Kabul airport in Afghanistan and said he had asked the Pentagon to develop plans to strike back at them.

Biden spoke hours after the blasts; the worst day of casualties for US forces there in a decade.

Islamic State Khorasan (ISIS-K), an affiliate of militants who previously battled U.S. forces in Syria and Iraq, claimed responsibility for the attack.

“We will not forgive, we will not forget. We will hunt you down and make you pay,” Biden said in remarks at the White House.

DON’T MISS

Two Brits and child of UK national killed in Kabul airport explosion [BREAKING]
Piers Morgan rages at Joe Biden ‘It will destroy his presidency!’ [INSIGHT]
Ben Wallace admits ‘biggest’ regret of Afghanistan evacuation [VIDEO]

He promised US evacuations would continue.

“We will not be deterred by terrorists, we will not let them stop our mission. We will continue the evacuations,” he said.

White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki told reporters Biden was sticking to his August 31 pullout target for withdrawing US forces, saying he was doing so on the advice of military advisers concerned about more attacks.

She said Biden was working to get out every American who wanted out by the deadline. “Our commitment to them does not end,” she said.

Source: Read Full Article